At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, BuiltIn Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for top technologists to join our team for an exciting greenfield development opportunity that will continue to drive our business strategy forward.
In short, this team is responsible for building out our new platform, from the ground up, using modern technologies, concepts, processes, & ideas.
As part of this team, the work that you do will allow for the successful transformation of Cars.com, a 20 year old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation & fuel our mission.
- Develop quality, scalable, efficient software using Elixir, Phoenix, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Write and review Infrastructure as Code.
- Work across multi-disciplined teams in Engineering, Design, Product, and the rest of the organization, with the ability to influence & drive results.
- Approach challenges with a growth mindset.
- Actively practice Cars.com’s Core Values: challenge & collaborate; start with the consumer; be bold; build relationships, deliver results; focus on the outcome; stay open.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience within an enterprise dev environment.
- Experienced in Containerization: Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experienced in CI/CD and Systems Operations.
- Experienced in AWS & Cloud Computing.
- Passionate about Security best practices.
- Interested in full-stack, enterprise-level software development experience.
- Interested in Elixir, or a similar functional programming language.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.