Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The Regional Sales Manager will take a leadership role in driving revenue and sales growth by developing, coaching and guiding a team to attain goals. The Regional Sales Managers are responsible for managing a team of sales representatives selling a value-based online advertising solution for automotive clients. This individual must be self-motivated and goal oriented. In addition, candidates must work closely with various Cars.com teams to ensure sales channel coordination, cooperation and success. Responsibilities of the position are to aggressively grow and manage a team of local market sales managers/account executives in key direct sales markets.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Grow a field organization in specific markets to attain revenue and sales goals.
• Develop a first class sales organization which epitomizes our brand to our customers.
• Attain monthly revenue and unit sales objectives.
• Train personnel on how to effectively prospect and sell Cars.com suite of products to defined markets across US.
• Educate team members on the Cars.com product suite, values, internal tools and organizational structure to succeed in market.
• Communicate important company initiatives and programs to the direct sales team.
• Motivate sales personnel to grow market share and revenue.
• Travel is mandatory (70% of the time on the road, usually Tues, Wed, Thur).
Cars.com is committed to making a work life/ balance for employees. Listed below are a few of our employee benefits:
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs.
• Training & Development - Top notch curriculum to advance your learning and skills.
• 401(k) Program – 100% vested immediately upon enrollment.
• Company Paid Trips - Top performers will get to enjoy an all-expense paid company trip - VIP -Paid time off - 3 weeks of vacation time in first year of employment.
• College degree preferred
• Three plus years of managerial experience and have a passion for success
• Must be well organized, with strong team building capabilities
• A well-balanced candidate that has a proven track record of driving results within a team
• Ability to quickly assess customer needs and provide proper solutions
• Experience managing a media sales team preferred but not required
• Familiar with the market and the community’s dealer base preferred but not required