Account Executive- Major Accounts
Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way!
About the Role:
Act as point of contact for dealer group customers at the enterprise level. Focus on ongoing customer success, retention, and growth, as well as development of new accounts. Sell products and/or services to existing dealer group customers. Responsible for maintaining relationships with accounts by visiting dealer group customers within assigned territory, industry, or product/service segment. Respond to client inquiries and offer guidance on appropriate products and services. Execute sales strategy, pull reports and key information. Provide insight to dealer group customers, identify and close upsell opportunities. Demonstrate expertise of retention and sales techniques and company product/service offerings. Ability to travel (driving/flights) at least 75% in an assigned territory to visit prospective customers face to face.
• Excellent planning and solutions selling experience.
• Ability to work with dealer groups with ten or more locations.
• Ability to provide strategic solutions across major dealer accounts.
• Motivated and comfortable working remotely in a home office as well as from the road/field.
• Ability to conduct in-depth sales presentations including product demonstrations that highlight key benefits, return on investment and the value of our solution and services.
• Proven persuasion and negotiation skills.
• Experience in the automotive space or digital marketplace is ideal.
• Excellent communication, presentation and customer relationship building skills.
• Strong business acumen.
Requirements: • Proven ability to identify and close sales opportunities.
• 3-5 years of relevant sales experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated consistent quota attainment track record with a continuous desire to win.
• Overall experience selling advertising or complex SaaS/software solutions to business leaders.