The Manager, Financial Reporting is part of the Corporate Accounting and Reporting team. This role will be responsible for managing the filings of Forms 10-Q and 10-K with the SEC, providing financial reporting to management, and partnering with other departments throughout the organization. If you are looking to make your mark and put your stamp on an organization, this is the role for you! This position reports to the Senior Director, Assistant Controller.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare and file the Forms 10-Q,10-K and other reporting as necessary with the SEC.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reporting package for management.
- Manage the PeopleSoft system, including becoming the key finance resource related to PeopleSoft.
- Assist the monthly close process through preparation and review of certain journal entries.
- Manage the financial reporting team on a day to day basis.
- Works with other departments across the Company to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements, as well as providing support on the accounting for certain transactions.
- Responsible for the execution of certain internal controls over financial reporting that are integral to an effectively designed and operating internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Works with external and internal auditors to ensure the review and audit processes are efficient and effective.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned, to assist the Finance organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership. Includes the ability to explain complex accounting and reporting issues to non-finance coworkers. Must possess a team orientated approach.
- High energy, positive, collaborative and approachable work style.
- Proven track ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company.
- Strong, current technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SEC Reporting requirements.
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements from a compliance standpoint.
- Excellent judgment and proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of recent financial reporting or public accounting experience
- Strong, current expertise in US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Experiencing managing a team or staff
- Prior public accounting experience in a “Big 4” or “mid-tier” public accounting firm OR experience in a financial reporting role
- PeopleSoft experience