The Product Director, Sellers is a key member of the product leadership and extended executive teams, responsible for the Seller experience, technology, and data across multiple products. The successful candidate will excel in three areas – creating, validating, and championing a vision for the direction of the portfolio; managing product delivery; and partnering with marketing and sales to capture market value.
This role works closely with the Senior Product Director, Shopper. It requires balancing the needs of other portfolios and working with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the entire Cars marketplace is successful.
- Inspire with a holistic vision and strategy across your product portfolio
- Increase portfolio performance including user satisfaction and revenue
- Evangelize and build support both inside and outside the organization for your vision
- Work with other leaders throughout the organization assure a coordinated approach to strategy and execution
- Monitor portfolio health, complete product life cycle analyses, and make recommendations to drive ROI
- Maintain regular customer contact and a strong understanding of the marketplace
- Oversee a team a product managers, ensuring your team is successful with appropriate hiring and mentoring.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for developing new products that generate value
- Excellent judgement, advocacy, communication, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to create product vision and strategy that adds significant business value and to generate buy in for it internally and externally
- Critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions across products during planning and execution
- Experience building and managing a team of product managers
- Financial / business acumen to set the right goals and targets; experience with business models and budgets
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively with peers, senior leaders, and cross-functional teams; executive presence and capable of leading through influence
- Expertise with product development processes and ability to evolve them to fit the needs of a changing org and dynamic business space.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in product strategy / management
- 8+ years leading product teams
- 5+ years B2B / enterprise software experience.
- Experience in a two-sided marketplace or e-commerce organization
- Experience in a digital media business
- Experience in the auto industry.