Cars.com is looking for a High Impact Sales Planning Analyst to join our Sales Planning & Packaging team. The team’s primary focus is sales strategy related to packaging and pricing display inventory, forecasting available inventory, and consulting with sales to develop cohesive client plans to maximize client revenue and achieve company sales goals.
The Sales Planning Analyst is primarily responsible for packaging and pricing recommendations for proposals and providing availability forecasting for the National sales team.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Working Cross functionally with sales, define and develop unique sales and go to market strategies for each client to maximize revenue while delivering on Client KPI’s
- Partner with Sales to develop cohesive client plans inclusive of bundling and pricing strategies to ensure revenue is optimized and client budget share is maximized.
- Manage Salesforce.com proposal elements including: Opportunity upkeep, Availability forecasts, and alignment between sales plan and final IO
- Provide and validate inventory availability forecasts to sales for proposals using available tool sets, processes, and analyses to ensure the highest level of accuracy given information available.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot data and forecast quality issues that may impact the accuracy of forecasts and reporting, escalating when necessary; working towards continuous improvement.
- Manage the sponsorship reservation process and calendar for the national sales team.
- Continually gather insights through feedback from Sales and Campaign Managements, as well as reporting to understand the unique, evolving needs, goal and objectives of prospective and existing clients to ensure the right RFP responses are developed from a packaging and pricing perspective
- Work within Yield Management to identify opportunities to increase revenue by matching undersold inventory or products to client needs and initiate a plan to communicate and activate the sales teams.
- Review campaign performance with Campaign Management to ensure that packages are delivering on KPI’s and develop optimization and reallocation plan for any modifications needed.
- Work cross-functionally on special projects aimed at providing operational efficiency to maximize sales profitability.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data within excel to effectively develop effective RFP responses
- Possess an understanding of the sales process and client objectives to ensure well-rounded alignment regarding key performance goals, campaign strategy, competitive restraints and marketing objectives.
- Solid understanding of digital ad formats, functionality, and ad serving technology/systems (DFP, Operative, Yieldex, FatTail, DSM, or others) is preferred
- Ability and desire to manage projects and processes
- Superb time management, ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Positive, enthusiastic, professional, and a team player
- BA/BS degree in Business or related field. A degree or specialization in Information Systems, Accounting, or Economics is preferred
- Background in Online/Digital media is preferred (2-3 years) preferably in a Sales Planning or related role.