Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Cars.com has experienced a lot of exciting new growth, but we’re just getting started. We're looking for an enthusiastic, eager to learn Human Resources Intern to join our team and make an impact!
- Support the multiple functions within our HR team
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results, and credibility.
- Recognize and maintain the confidentiality of information
- Update internal databases with new employee and/or candidate information
- Help development communications pertaining to HR announcements and programs
- Prepare routine and ad-hoc reports.
- Help organize and schedule interviews.
- File confidential documents and information regarding personnel
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Positive attitude and customer service driven
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong excel skills are major plus (vLookups, Pivot tables etc.)
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Exposure to HR setting with working knowledge of benefits and compensation
- HRIS experience
- Currently pursuing a college degree (human resources, psychology, business administration / management majors or related fields preferred)