The Product Management Intern will work with Product Leadership to set the vision and strategy while internalizing and articulating the needs of users and advertisers. You must be flexible as a results-oriented leader discovering, developing and facilitating cross-product strategy and implementation, working across Product, Technology, Marketing, Sales, Business Development and Finance. As a member of a product team, you will assist the Product Manger to perform opportunity assessments, test product performance, and be passionate about their product and willing to wear many hats to ensure its success.
You will learn about:
- Defining overall strategy and prioritized roadmap.
- Defining and setting success criteria for product KPI’s.
- Participate in rich discovery processes, including market opportunities, user/customer research and prototyping to identify, evaluate and define products and features that are valuable, usable and feasible.
- Assist product teams in the integration and prioritization of product vision, business case and roadmap work products.
- Working with cross-functional teams and efforts focused on establishing Cars.com in the space and creating an entirely new product line.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for developing new products
- Passion for delivering value to both site users and advertisers
- Financial/business acumen and analytical competence
- Must have the appetite to take risks for self and the team. Show managerial courage in effectively collaborating through the organization
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions and define goals across products during planning and execution
- Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively with senior leaders, peers, and direct reports
- Must demonstrate pragmatism and sound judgment
- Must be an approachable, respected, well-rounded leader
- A minimum of 2 years of broad business experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies, is preferred
- Experience in eCommerce is preferred
- Experience with a digital media business is preferred
- Experience in automotive is preferred