Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way!
About the Role:
Responsible for developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty. Work in a tightly synchronized team with an Account Executive to ensure dealer customers are achieving their desired outcomes, starting at the earliest touch points of marketing and sales, moving through closing and on-boarding, and continuing through their entire lifecycle. Consistently speak to dealers about insights and opportunities derived from customer reports, company data and industry news. Provide guidance and suggestions to clients and identify and qualify new advertising or solutions investment opportunities. Lead the proactive orchestration of the customer’s journey, making sure they maximize our platforms to achieve their goals.
- Support new and existing Cars.com accounts via phone and email by providing on-going consultation and direction to ensure success of Cars.com solutions & products.
- Monitor customer engagement and account performance and prioritize outreach to retain business.
- Train Cars.com customers on products, tools and resources, and continuously educate them on new updates and enhancements.
- Support Cars.com Sales team by handling incoming requests and participating in strategic conversations to foster customer growth and retention.
- Bring a key understanding our product offerings as well understand our client’s business challenges.
- Execute retention strategy, pull reports and key information. Provide insight to customers, sales representatives, and assist in identifying upsell opportunities.
- Demonstrate expertise of retention techniques and company product/service offerings.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to thoroughly document and track customer inquiries and account interactions.
- Perform other related duties such as participating in various projects, pilot groups, or department initiatives as needed.
- Motivated and comfortable working from within Cars.com HQ & driving relationships via the phone, email, and technology-based platforms.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- At least one year of relevant Account Management or equivalent experience
- Ability to consult and influence customers and prospects via phone.
- Utilize Excel and internal tools to fulfill reporting requests to assist in the sales organization’s success.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while solving problems quickly and creatively.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work both independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.