Cars.com is seeking an experienced Financial Planning Manager to lead a team responsible for short-term forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, scenario analysis, competitive analysis and forecasting, evaluating and measuring initiatives, developing long-range strategic plans, and being a key business partner to all areas of the business.
- Planning, leading and developing deliverables for rolling 15-month forecasts, annual budgets, multi-year strategic planning, strategic acquisitions, divestitures, etc.
- Leading capital planning and reporting
- Producing monthly and quarterly financial variance reports to senior management; ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Managing, coaching, and developing
- Setting and ensuring the use of consistent standards across all Financial Planning deliverables
- Collaborating cross-functionally across all areas of the business not only for forecasting and budgeting, but also for more strategic, less well-defined projects.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Proven track record of leading and developing successful teams.
- Mindful and well-organized; ability to independently establish reasonable timelines, manage and pace team to meet deadlines
- Manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities with the ability to quickly adapt to changing business needs
- Identify gaps in workflows and processes; develop and implement robust, sustainable solutions
- Ability to self-teach and work independently. There is no instruction manual and you will be establishing a precedent with many new processes over the next year.
- Unflinching focus on accuracy and integrity of numbers.
- Ability to clearly and simply translate financial information into business intelligence for senior management, the Board of Directors, and outside investors
- Desire to continuously improve yourself and your team’s performance – efficiencies, deliverables, processes, standards, predictive and other key metrics
- Demonstrated ability to self-teach and work independently
- Ability to utilize constructive feedback to further personal and professional development
- Passionate, energetic, approachable with a positive, low-ego, can-do demeanor
- Highly advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven ability to build simple, sustainable financial models that model complex business issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related field
- MBA or CPA or other relevant work experience that demonstrates leadership, adaptability and potential
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting or finance, including relevant experience with financial planning and reporting
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Experience supporting Accounting in a publicly traded corporation
- Experience developing a bottoms-up organic budget and forecast in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment