Cars.com is the top-tier marketplace for vehicle buyers and sellers, and we’re working hard to elevate and transform the process of car shopping to be transparent, convenient, and inspiring. We believe in the power of human connections enabled at scale through technology — and we’re seeking a passionate Product Designer to join our digital product team. Members of our design team have the opportunity to positively impact millions of people through the scope and reach of our platforms.
As a Product Designer in the Seller Experience portfolio, you will help us solve unique challenges for our dual-sided marketplace, and provide value to our dealer customers by improving our mobile web and desktop experiences. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams to understand users and design solutions to create meaningful connections between car buyers and sellers.
You’re a design thinker and problem solver, who is well-versed in all aspects of user-centered design methods and techniques. Your love of UX is matched only by your skills in creating an elegant UI. You’ll work to uncover and articulate user needs, generate and visualize hypotheses, test prototypes, build toward high fidelity solutions. Iterating to improve experiences is core to your process and philosophy. The excellent communication skills you possess will enable you socialize ideas and generate broad alignment.
You can balance multiple projects and push for quality while moving quickly. You’re humble and know that teamwork gets results. Confidence in your ability to navigate complexity makes you well suited to our Lean Agile culture at Cars.com.
Specifically, we’re looking for
- 3+ years of professional experience as a product designer, interaction designer, ux designer, or comparable user experience professional
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI or related design discipline
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your thoughtful user-centered designs (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and excellent visual designs (mockups, mood boards, style guides) across desktop and mobile devices
- Fluency with best practices for mobile-first design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience with the design process from start to finish — requirements gathering, conceptual design, validation, testing, optimization, and iteration
- Demonstrated experience working with design systems and brand standards