Founded in 2002, DealerRater®, a Cars.com (NYSE:CARS) company, is the world's leading car dealer review website that connects consumers with the right person at the right dealership. The site offers nearly 4 million sales and service reviews across 41,000 U.S. and Canadian dealerships, including a network of more than 5,600 Certified Dealers. More than 14 million consumers read DealerRater content across the web each month. By offering a product suite that allows qualified dealerships to manage their reputations and achieve higher SEO rankings, DealerRater supports new customer connections by growing online presence.
The Product Manager, Site Experience will work with Product Leadership at DealerRater to set the vision and strategy for both the consumer site and the customer interface, while internalizing and articulating the needs of consumers and dealers. You must be flexible as a results-oriented leader discovering, developing and facilitating cross-product strategy and implementation, working across Product, Design, Technology, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Business Development and Finance. This individual must be both an entrepreneur and a CEO at heart – passionate about their product and willing to wear many hats to ensure its success.
- Define overall strategy and prioritized roadmap for improving and evolving the DealerRater’s consumer site experience, the review submission process, and the interface and tools used by dealer customers.
- Gain business support for the roadmap/plan.
- Define and set success criteria for product KPI’s.
- Participate in rich discovery processes, including market opportunities, user/customer research and prototyping to identify, evaluate and define products and features that are valuable, usable and feasible.
- Bring thought leadership and innovative thinking abilities in the product management space.
- Be fully accountable for defining the roadmap and executing against it.
- Assist product teams in the integration and prioritization of product vision, business case and roadmap work products.
- Lead cross-functional teams and efforts focused on establishing Cars.com in the space and creating an entirely new product line.
- Collaborating with Marketing, Sales, Operations and Senior leadership on roadmap alignment, execution and new ideas
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for developing new products
- Strong product management domain knowledge, including a grasp of core Web technologies and ability for informed participation in technology, user and business-oriented discussions
- Passion for delivering value to both site users and advertisers
- Financial/business acumen and analytical competence
- A basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Must have the appetite to take risks for self and the team. Show managerial courage in effectively collaborating through the organization
- Able to be a leader to all parties involved in the product life cycle – product, UX, technology, marketing, finance, sales
- Able to manage priorities against needs of product teams, internal customers and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions and define goals across products during planning and execution
- A strong sense of web design best practices, and a passion for delivering simple and effective user experiences
- Confidence to leverage intuition to translate the unknown opportunity into an actionable plan
- Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively with senior leaders, peers, and direct reports
- Experience with Agile methodologies, comfort with short/real-time planning, and ability to maintain a consistent focus on short-term tactics and long-term goals
- Must demonstrate pragmatism and sound judgment
- Must be an approachable, respected, well-rounded leader
- A minimum of 8 years of broad business experience
- 4 years of experience in a product organization, with at least 2 years as a product manager
- 2 years of product management experience at a digital media/ecommerce/web-centric company
- Experience with Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience running A/B tests is preferred
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified preferred
- Experience in eCommerce is preferred
- Experience in automotive is preferred