Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go…fancy joining us?
No matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
At Cabify we claim to be a data-driven company. Our team builds and maintains a robust warehouse where the analytics team can find not only raw data, but also complex etls processes to provide the insights they need.
But where can I see all that data? We have a Tableau server instance that contains thousands of workbooks and is consulted by many users every day. We own that instance so we work hard to make sure everything works properly. We also created, and keep on creating, tooling around Tableau and our data warehouse, in order to keep on improving the way our users interact with data.
At data-warehousing we manage our own cloud infrastructure (AWS). Our in-house etls platform has more than 300 processes (python, Airflow, Redshift, S3, Spectrum, Glue, RDS) that we visualize with our Tableau server instance (Tableau Server, Ec2, python).
We are looking for new members, and this is how you will play an important part in helping us achieve our mission:
- Maintain & evolve our data warehouse, making sure the data is easily accessible, reliable & accurate.
- Create data models, applying business logic to data. Evaluate all proposals and requests to improve the structure of the data warehouse.
- Coordinate with other Data Warehouse stakeholders to ensure overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment.
- Design, develop, test, monitor, manage, and validate data warehouse activity. Including defining standards for the data warehouse as well as troubleshooting ETL processes and resolving issues effectively.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years tenure in coding and delivering complex data projects.
- Proven track record in Data Modeling.
- You continuously find ways to derive more value in our raw data and lower the amount of effort our end users spend on getting answers.
- You have proper DBA skills, with which you should ensure high standards in DWH data accessibility, integrity, security & performance monitoring.
- You have intermediate level SQL skills, which allows you to understand subqueries, pivots, joins, and how indexes work.
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple. You’re accomplished at orienting business users within the data domain, understanding their needs, and translating them into technical requirements to ultimately design effective data solutions.
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork.
- Understanding of Microsoft technologies (Azure, Data Factory and Microsoft SQL) is a plus.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- A competitive salary between 32000EUR and 48000EUR (L3) / 43000EUR-58000EUR (L4)
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- Flexible working hours & environment
- Monthly free rides
- Up to 2 days per week of remote working
- Recharge day: Every third Friday of the month is an extra day-off!
- Budget for books, training and conferences
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- 22 days paid annual leave
- Regular fun team events
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- We offer relocation package to those coming from other countries
- And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!