Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that's what we're doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we've still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech 'unicorn'. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we're determined to keep our 'start-up' spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It's been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we're going to turn our vision into a reality, we're going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
The Manager of Policy Affairs is responsible for coordinating and executing, together with the PA Global Area, Spain's Policy strategy and its implementation, in order to achieve the policy objectives of our mobility services within different clients (private, corporate, drivers, fleets) by generating an adequate regulatory and institutional environment.
In this position you will be responsible for the local policy affairs coordination and its execution, budget planning and optimization, information consolidation and insights, and alliances with relevant institutions. All these work streams must be managed to generate efficient and scalable policy results to our different business units in the spaniard region.
This is a strategic critical role for Cabify which reports directly to the Country Manager
The position will be based in the Madrid offices of one of the fastest growing global start-ups, leader in the sector in Spain and Latin American countries. Young and collaborative environment, where you are learning every day and with possibilities of growth.
We are looking for a person with a background in Administrative Law and regulated sectors, with experience in institutional relations. The candidate must be responsible, organized, able to work under pressure, proactive and with good oral and written communication skills.
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Implement and support the implementation of Global Policy Affairs Strategy in Spain. You will work closely with the Global VP of Policy Affairs and the business spanish team.
- Implement local<>global / local<>local procedures to guarantee the perfect execution of Policy operations and routines.
- Design, prioritize and develop the strategy (Spanish priorities) to optimize institutional relations between Cabify and the Spanish General State Administration, Autonomous Administrations and local authorities in the different territories where Cabify operates in Spain.
- Work hand in hand with the Spanish regulators and institutions to create a favorable legal framework for companies working on innovation and modernization of traditionally intervened sectors such as transportation, logistics and others.
- Coordinate institutional relation to open opportunities and coordinate internally their development between those institutions and internal Disciplines
- Generate insights and reports to support the plan definition and its execution in Spain
- Identify and keep updated the main stakeholders involved in the transportation, technology and innovation sectors, and establish alliances with them.
- Budget Planning (yearly, quarterly and monthly) guaranteeing the perfect connection between finance and policy objectives;
- Develop analytical frameworks to support decision making cycles related to policy plans performance. Report and implement improvements according to its objectives;
- Structuring, managing and controlling the day-to-day activities of the policy discipline;
- Provide regulatory advice and work in multidisciplinary initiatives to the different departments involved in the Spanish operations.
- Support the development of internal procedures to improve Cabify's operations in Spain according to the Regulatory Strategy.
- Collaborate actively with PR and Comms teams, on the elaboration of campaigns, notes, documents and any other material that actively contributes to improve company's reputation considering different audiences and stakeholders.
- Collaborate on the elaboration of contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they comply with all Spanish and EU regulatory requirements.
- Participate with other departments (business and legal) in preparing, reviewing and modifying contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
We're looking for someone to:
- Act as a co-owner: someone who works hard and is proud of what he/she does. Has initiative and acts by cooperating when something doesn't work. But most important of all, he has a vocation for service.
- Trust, communicate and develop: a person who listens and learns, communicates efficiently, is transparent and demands the same from others.
- Embrace and drive change: change creates new opportunities. Be the change we need to scale and improve even more.
- Analyze, innovate, and simplify: a person who solves the root of the problem and not their symptoms. Raise hypotheses and test them. Share data, facts and not opinions. Innovate, be creative, make new mistakes and share them so we can learn from them. Throw out the obsolete, look for simplicity and scalability.
- Contribute and engage: someone who shares data to make the best decision. Make decisions and avoid overanalysis paralysis.
- Makes an impact: It seeks to produce added value for its actions. Think "done" is better than "perfect." Don’t reinvent the wheel. Delivery... and keeps getting better.
- Positive and humble attitude: Make sure that the people around you enjoy Mondays. Be constructive in the face of adversity and especially in the face of mistakes. Promote diversity and respect different opinions.
Desirable Qualifications & Skills:
- Lawyer, Public Politics or similar with 5+ years of experience dealing with regulated markets or industries, preferably in the transportation sector.
- Experienced in new regulatory frameworks closely related to technology and innovation, and able to demonstrate the knowledge of how technology is helping shape a new world in a positive way.
- Excellent written and oral skills in spanish and english.
- Capacity to consolidate insights and develop plans according to Qualitative and Quantitative information.
- It will also be positively valued having experience in last mile logistics.
- Experience specifically with Project Management and experienced working in a collaborative and complex environment.
The good stuff:
We're a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Remote days available upon agreement.
- Flexible work environment & hours.
- Regular fun team events.
- Cabify staff discount.
- Personal development programmes.
- Flexible remuneration: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare.
- A pet room so you don't have to leave your furry friend at home.
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself.
- And last but not least...free fruits & coffee!
Aren't you sure about if you fulfill all of the requirements? Even if this position stands out in your curiosity, please apply for it. At Cabify we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers.
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!