Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in +80 cities across Spain and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Lead a team of approximately 50 people in two different Peru & Ecuador
- Be able to manage: Take advantage or mitigate external stakeholders, political situations and / or entities that define regulatory frameworks taking care of the business and secure the operation in both countries.
- Gain Market share by increasing Cabiy´s community in Drivers and Riders as well as Corporate Clients using strong strategies based on data, logical and structured thoughts with clear actionable initiatives estimating cost-time and impact on GMV.
- Develop and consolidate the business in Peru and Ecuador
- Manage the costs and budgets of both operations (P&L). Forecasting
- Collaborate with the global team and support implementation of processes and structural changes. ei OKRs - scale up initiatives for audiences, reorganization of areas.
- Supervise the use of resources with indicators such as efficiency, performance and productivity.
- Be actively involved in the retention / acquisition and development of key people with potencial.
How we would like you to be:
An entrepreneur, with good people management, good anticipation skills, who constantly thinks new ways to grow and push results further. An excellent negotiator, leader, self-driven, empowered to take actions over the role.
Very good communicator at all levels. Not afraid to perform changes if needed at all levels. Strong commitment for decisions, strategy and people. Lead by example
- Act as a co-owner: someone who works hard and is proud of what he/she does. Has initiative and acts by cooperating when something doesn't work. But most important of all, he has a vocation for service.
- Trust, communicate and develop: a person who listens and learns, is transparent and demands the same from others.
- Embrace and drive change: change creates new opportunities. Be the change we need to scale and improve even more.
- Analyze, innovate, and simplify: a person who solves the root of the problem and not their symptoms. Raise hypotheses and test them. Share data and not opinions. Innovate, creative, Make new mistakes and share them so we can learn from them. Throw out the obsolete, look for simplicity and scalable.
- Contribute and engage: someone who shares data to make the best decision. Make decisions and avoid overanalysis paralysis.
- Makes an impact: It seeks to produce added value for its actions. Think "done" is better than "perfect." Don’t reinvent the wheel. Delivery... and keeps getting better.
- Positive and humble attitude: Make sure that the people around you enjoy Mondays. Be constructive in the face of adversity and especially in the face of mistakes. Promote diversity and respect different opinions.
Technical requirements - what we`re looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, mainly in managing e commerce or digital areas and related businesses.
- Previous experience in working in hyper-growth startups and/or fast-paced environments is a strong plus
- Critical thinking skills and business mindset
- Proven experience leading up-skilling teams, motivating the entire team while embodying Cabify’s values at all times
- Sales and marketing-performance background.
- Proven successful executive stories.
- Lead a team of at least 20 people.
- Valuable to have experience managing remote teams.
- Solid experience reporting corporate companies.
- Highly energetic and capable of making decisions and changing course of actions with sufficient information.
- Strong orientation towards planning
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular, fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs
- Health insurance
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself