Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
You will be in charge of enabling Engineering teams with a sharp focus on growth and customer experience.
- Lead the Driver Engineering Organization to deliver fast, reliable and high quality results.
- Deliver cross-team, company-wide impactful projects.
- Work on building and maintaining distributed applications.
- Improve reliability, scalability and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
- Sheppard new products, tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team, and sunset those that stopped making sense.
- Help building simple designs, distributed systems are hard enough.
- Own teams health and wellbeing. Ensure they have enough slack time to think and make better long term decisions accepting short term trade offs consciously.
- Own your production runtime, we run what we build..
You may be a good fit if you have some, but not all, of:
- Great soft skills, we deeply believe that people wellbeing are at the core of our mission.
- A sound knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and CAP tradeoffs. Because you will be working in this environment.
- Experience in building and nurturing teams that can develop medium/large-scale systems.
- Experience with teams that are operating your services in a production environment.
- Knowledge of common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work independently, with 2 pizza teams in large organizations.
- Ability to understand and help making great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Experience slaying monoliths is a plus!
What’s it like to work at Cabify?:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Excellent Salary conditions: From 70K for the Head of Engineering role. We also offer very competitive stock options plan.
- We offer fully remote option if you prefer. We have a strong Remote On-Site Friendly culture.
- We offer relocation package to those coming from other countries who want to on on-site.
- Remote days available if you want the on-site experience, else it can be fully remote.
- Flexible work environment & hours, we don’t count hours, but focus on delivery.
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room on-site so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home.
- All the gear you need.
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!