As a senior engineer in the Lana Core Team, you will be working to solve complex problems in the services that empower the rest of the company to run. You'll be actively working with the CTO and other areas of the business so you can determine the direction development should move in.
Lana strives for a modular working environment where each module determines its own development pipeline, according to the general direction of the company and requirements of the customers.
Our current backend tech stack for this project consists of:
- Docker + Kubernetes
We’re searching for engineers with a solid understanding of how to deal with building secure, reliable, and scaleable solutions. Your objective will be to build upon the existing core services to ensure that the other areas of the company can also develop solutions in their problem domains.
This is a hands-on role in a new project within the group, so it's a great opportunity to make your mark from the very beginning. Your decisions will affect how the company moves in the future.
We'll be looking for most of the following in your profile:
- Strong educational background, e.g Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Ability to communicate with the team in English (written and spoken)
- Unix/Linux systems knowledge
- A background in security and a deep understanding of the potential risks.
- Fintech, Payments, and PCI experience very highly valued.
- Real-time distributed systems deployment.
- A preference for simple system architectures and micro-services, including experience in technologies like Docker.
- Advanced networking knowledge.
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment.
- Passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code and/or solutions.
- Comfortable with complex git/github workflows (submodules, branches, forks, pull requests, merging, rebasing)
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself.