Mobility is a basic human need. The desire to move has taken humanity to every corner of the world. At Movo, the largest mobility revolution in modern history is happening now. We believe cities can become better places to live if we improve mobility for the people living in them. Movo provides mobility alternatives such as scooters and mopeds with many more yet to come, with the touch of a button. Car ownership is decreasing worldwide and one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
You will be in charge of building both the Movo platform and the Engineering team with a clear focus on growth. You will be working closely with Cabify Product Managers and Engineers to leverage Cabify’s platform and services on the Movo platform.
- Lead the Movo Engineering team to deliver fast, reliable and high quality results.
- Work on cross-team, company-wide impactful projects.
- Work on building and maintaining distributed applications.
- Improve reliability, scalability and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
- Develop new features, tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team.
- Produce simple, maintainable code while always looking to improving on it.
- Own your code all the way to production with a self-service continuous delivery pipeline and production infrastructure.
- Run what you build using bleeding edge container orchestration and monitoring technologies.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great soft skills, we believe deeply that people are at the core of our mission.
- A sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- Experience with common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work independently, with a small teams in large organizations.
- Ability to understand and help making great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced, changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!
- Experience slaying monoliths is a plus!
What’s it like to work at Movo?:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Excellent Salary conditions: 70k-80k.
- Stock options plan
- We offer relocation package to those coming from other countries.
- Remote days available upon agreement
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need
- And last but not least...free coffee!