Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go… fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws, and as a socially responsible company where innovation comes first, we’re always looking to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace through our talent acquisition policy.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
How will you help us achieve our mission?
Operations Management duties
- Manages a team of direct reports located in the same office.
- Effectively manages day-to-day administrative duties such as staffing to ensure core work is covered and soundly balanced with project time.
- Monitors individual and team performance metrics, and provides regular, actionable, goal-oriented feedback holding self and the team accountable.
- Handles escalated, complex or urgent cases and issues at a leadership level. Knows when to escalate further up.
- Delegates and prioritizes effectively to ensure that individual or team team is devoted to high-impact needs.
- Facilitates innovation by empowering teams to shepherd creative ideas or individual projects through appropriate channels.
- Handles conflict among team members or with other areas of the business with tact and transparency.
- Executes tactical work but can visualize and facilitate long-term initiatives and new strategies.
- Reports on KPI performance, operational metrics and fraud patterns.
Project Management duties
- Identifies opportunities to improve tool, system, process, or policy changes.
- Builds business cases, creates and implements changes or new workflows to increase consistency across team members and improve team performance.
- Prioritizes initiatives considering strategic alignment, capacity and balancing short vs long term goals.
- Follows through on projects throughout their entire lifecycle till completion.
- Works effectively with cross-functional partners, stakeholders and external vendors to drive projects, report trends or processing incidents with a data driven approach and in a solution-oriented manner.
- Collates, filters and escalates relevant input from their team towards the Product function concisely and professionally.
- Maintains and improves the internal knowledge base to ensure articles are up-to-date
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years of people management experience in e-commerce field
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Knowledge or experience in process improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma) or COPC standard, a plus
- Demonstrable experience building or improving processes and workflows/procedures
- Understanding or experience in business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, Excel, or in statistical analysis, a plus
- Familiarity with payment fraud and payment processing issues specific to e-commerce
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate
- Prior experience in analyzing and interpreting complex data sets
- Knowledge or previous experience administering Zendesk, a plus
- Plus: disability certificate
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs
- Perks: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- And last but not least...free coffee!