We’re on the lookout for seasoned, empathetic design-thinkers to help us deliver the best user experience possible. The Lana team is growing fast with no sign of slowing down, so we're continuously hiring.
As we pave the way for the future of transportation and financial services, we need a deeper understanding the problems we want to solve and how we solve them. That’s where you come in - your work here will influence the way that people interact with their finances.
You are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to understand the inherent behaviors of our users and translate them into product guidelines.
As a User Researcher, you will conduct research, analyze real user behavior and work with Designers, Product Managers, City Operations and Engineers to improve Cabify's current and future products.
On a day to day basis, you will focus on understanding different team’s study objectives. You will clarify participant requirements, plan the logistics of recruitment and run ongoing studies in your region. You are a responsible and organized individual who can keep tabs on many projects, pay close attention to details, and plan well while accommodating the unexpected. Using your strong communication skills, you will effectively contact members of the public to confirm their suitability for studies and schedule their participation in a variety of study formats.
What you'll do
- Conduct qualitative research (user studies, interviews, ethnography, secondary research, intercepts) on multiple aspects of how users experience Cabify products
- Triangulate qualitative research with inputs from app stores reviews, surveys, customer service, market research and secondary data
- Plan, and execute actionable research that meets stakeholder objectives and needs
- Present research findings and recommendations to project stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations, and demonstrate impact
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Work with the core UX team to turn user insights into actionable recommendations
- Strong capability to gain the trust of teams and show the benefit of research
- Evolve the research program based on needs from teams
- Innovate on methods, process and workflow
- Drive efficiency in how we work in the region
- Deliver high quality work with light managerial supervision
- You may travel internationally up to 20% of the time
Who you are
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum 3 years of work experience in an applied research setting
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- You can independently run research projects, from planning, scoping, running the sessions, analysing and creating deliverables.
- You can run user testing with your eyes closed, regardless of the setting. You should be comfortable in a lab as well as stopping people in the street for quick feedback or setting up remote tests.
- You're happy user testing on mobile. We’re a mobile-only product, so if you’ve got experience with both iOS and Android we’ll love you even more.
- You’re a strong communicator and facilitator. You’re able to tell a story so your audience will want to listen to and zoom into detail when needed to help solutions come to life.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Excellent assessment and analysis skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Some design skills
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team.