Who Are We?
Brooke Charter Schools is a network of five public charter schools, serving grades K-12 in Mattapan, Roslindale, and East Boston. At Brooke, we coach and invest in our teachers so that they can help our students achieve at the highest levels and graduate from college. We believe academic achievement empowers our students to live choice-filled lives and enhances their ability to contribute to creating a just world. In a culture of achievement, educators support students in recognizing and building on their identities as sources of strength even as they work to grow and achieve in new ways.
What is the School Psychologist Role?
As a School Psychologist at Brooke, you provide direct support to individual and small groups of students in the areas of social skills, self-regulation, self-advocacy, etc and create and implement positive behavioral plans. You collaborate with stakeholders including serving as a liaison between the school, student, parent, and external agencies, as well as engaging parents and teachers as partners in students' therapeutic interventions. You conduct comprehensive evaluations including cognitive, academic, attention, social/emotional and functional behavior assessments and conduct classroom screening to assist teachers in planning effective educational strategies for all students. You participate actively in IEP and Child Study Team meetings in order to produce comprehensive and appropriate educational plans for students, make referrals to external agencies and appropriate programs for students in need of support services, and provide crisis intervention for students, which may include risk assessments, safety contracts and social service interventions. You may also perform other related duties as requested by the Director of Student Support.
We have a K-7 School Psychologist opening at Brooke Roslindale and an 8-12 opening at Brooke High and 8th Grade Academy.
Is This You?
- You are committed to uprooting racism through academics, equipping our students with tools to advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future. Read more about how we are working on this at Brooke here
- You hold a bachelor's degree and are licensed as a School Psychologist by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- You have extensive knowledge of child development and age-appropriate social and emotional skills
- You have demonstrated competency in the theory, administration, and interpretation of standardized instruments
- You have the ability to efficiently write comprehensive and informative reports that contain appropriate educational goals
- You are professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues
- You are able to start immediately
We have instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all staff working in our network. All staff must either be vaccinated or must get tested by their own arrangement and submit evidence of a negative test each week.
The community and students we serve are diverse, and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our staff. We strive to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Brooke Charter Schools. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience to prepare our students for a future reflective of the world we live in.