Join Bright Network as our Financial Controller
Introducing Bright Network
At Bright Network, we connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. Our leading platform provides members with the tools, advice and insights they need to access brilliant opportunities at global companies - ensuring the next generation finds the future they deserve and businesses identify the most powerful pipeline of tomorrow’s talent.
We help 250+ leading employers such as KPMG, Goldman Sachs and McKinsey & Company reach and recruit a diverse and inclusive pool of high-calibre talent to inspire and empower the next generation to carve out their future … and that’s where you come in!
As we grow and scale, we’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our Finance Team.
More about the opportunity
Our Finance team are experts in helping the business make decisions using high quality and timely financial information. We’re looking for a Financial Controller to report directly into our Finance Director to help run the finance team and manage our Finance Executive, part time credit controller + key outsourced relationships.
As the Financial Controller within the Finance team, you will:
- Accounting Function: manage and work with the Finance Team to ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations and implementation of improvements to systems, processes & data quality
- Reporting: Own the monthly management accounts process, end to end (balance sheet reconciliations, income journals, variance analysis, etc), including the budget review cycle
- Payroll: Manage the monthly payroll process
- Working Capital: Manage the Team in running efficient Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes
- Projects: Identify value add projects and help execute on them
- Tax: Produce filings and ensure compliance with relevant tax regulations (VAT, PAYE, PSA, TAS)
Does this sound like you?
- You’ll have at least 2-3+ years of post qualified experience
- You’ll have experience working in a small finance team and be prepared to get your hands dirty
- You’ll have a thirst for problem solving and analysis
- You’ll be a strong communicator, able to build relationships with all teams across the business
- You’ll be able to manage conflicting time pressures when different areas of the business need your time
- You’ll feel passionately about Bright Network’s mission, diversity, inclusion & social mobility within the workplace
- You’ll be ambitious, driven and excited by the opportunity to work within a fast-growing scale-up
- You’ll be highly proficient in: excel, Xero & communicating financial information to non-financial people
We can offer you :
- A high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding)
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!).
- Flexible/remote working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays.
- Regular team socials and the annual full team off-site.
Key details :
- Salary : Dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : London, Liverpool Street (with lots of flexibility for remote-working)
- Will consider part time applicants
- Contract : permanent
Application & interview process :
- Initial screening call : 20 minute Zoom call with our People Team
- 1st round : 60 minute competency interview & task
- 2nd round : 60 minute values & culture interview
- Final round : Virtual coffee / chat with our CEO
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!