Our talented agile development teams are growing to build new & exciting features within the Brightflag platform. Our objective is to provide the next level, best in class services for the Legal Spend & Operations Management industry. We are seeking a quality-minded individual to help verify new and existing functionality in a maintainable way.
Your collaborative teamwork will consist of planning, designing and reviewing test specification cases to ensure proper coverage of functional requirements against features customers use daily. Your role in the agile team will be a voice of QA, to prove functional norms under various conditions & affect the process by striving for incremental improvements. Our diverse team members and values culture fosters support to allow us as individuals to do our best work together.
Come join us in this fantastic opportunity to grow your career.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work within an agile team (Software Engineers, Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers) to ensure product feature quality
- Defining and maintaining test cases with data sets & configurations
- Organise test set priorities and ranking which will flow into regression pack and automation test suites
- Execute manual testing for feature verification and regression
- Influence quality process improvements to act as an agent of change within the organisation
- Grow as a valued quality assurance colleague by increasing your product knowledge & skill set to enhance Brightflag’s product quality
- Participate in Sprint Refinements & Planning for sizing of testing effort, utilise retrospectives to improve teamwork
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you need:
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on functional testing experience
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve & troubleshoot
- Experience with testing Web Applications, REST Api web services
- Demonstrated ability to write & maintain test cases
- Ability to write good bug reports
- Experience with industrial Product & Test Management systems (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Good knowledge of QA methodologies & processes
- Ability to estimate and help plan within a team
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Good database knowledge & SQL skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field experience
The following are a bonus!
- Experience with agile methodologies & teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Exposure to QA Automation testing (Functional, Performance, Security, Selenium, etc.)
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming & Design Patterns (Java, C#, other)
- Familiarity with various Operating Systems and scripting languages
- Understanding of distributed web system architecture
Life @ Brightflag
We’re growing fast and so is the experience we can offer you:
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, grow and progress your career in a rapidly growing scale-up.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve and the trust and autonomy you need to go and solve them.
- A sound, helpful team, in a friendly, values-driven and inclusive environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- 25 days holidays + 4 company ‘Reset’ days throughout the year.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Fully flexible work location and work patterns so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Learning subsidy of €2,000 annually, to spend as you wish, plus study and examination leave where applicable.
- Our ‘bookworm’ program also enables you to order a book a month.. on us!
- Access to Pluralsight - the on demand learning platform for tech teams.
- The Tax-Saver or Cycle-to-Work Scheme.
- Well-being program & stipend.
- Home office set-up supports.
We are a diverse and inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who make every day count and strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Location & Eligibility
This role offers a flexible work location across Ireland. Whether that be in the office (as public health guidelines allow), remote from anywhere in Ireland, or a mix of office/remote work in Ireland, you choose what works best for your lifestyle.
Your time is valuable. To help with your application, we advise that regrettably we cannot offer work permit sponsorship/ self sponsorship for this role.
Hello, We’re Brightflag - one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the legal world - we’re on a mission to transform legal operations. Our patented AI-powered software combined with a best-in-class Customer Success team empowers corporate legal teams to do better, no matter the starting point. Our SaaS platform was the first to apply artificial intelligence and machine learning to legal operations management and has invested more than 100,000+ hours in its development. Using Brightflag, corporate legal teams achieve visibility into their operations, streamline internal workflows, and engage with outside counsel more efficiently. You can learn more about Brightflag Here.