Customer Support Representative
New York, US
Brightflag is used by large corporations to transform legal service delivery. At its core is an artificial intelligence that extracts insights from invoice narratives — the pages-long descriptions of how much is being charged for a piece of legal work, and why. These insights are used to make data-driven decisions at every step of the matter lifecycle, from resource selection to price negotiation to quality of service evaluation. They also drive automation of time-intensive processes like invoice review. Customers include Uber; Telstra, Australia's largest telecommunications company; and Rimini Street, the multinational enterprise software support company.
In 2018, we tripled in size and recently raised $8.5M in venture funding to execute an aggressive growth strategy. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. Our people are customer-focused, take ownership and make every day count. The opportunity for direct impact at Brightflag is huge - we live our values and are in search of constant improvement.
What is the opportunity?
Due to global expansion, Brightflag excited to search for an ambitious Customer Support Representative in our New York office, reporting to the Manager, Customer Support. As one of the early employees in our New York office, this role will serve two purposes: first, provide frontline (reactive) support to USA users; and second, assist with the initial investigations into technical issues/challenges with the software. You are:
- A people person; you love talking to people on the phone and build a strong rapport with customers
- An empathizer; you connect with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues
- A great teammate that can both follow and lead depending on the situation
- A problem solver that can make decisions
- Able to explain complex issues in beautifully simple terms
- Curious and have a natural ability to "zoom-out" of a problem, in order to ask the right questions
- Keen to plan, organise, and prioritize work
What will I be doing?
- Be the first responder to all queries from users related to Brightflag’s platform
- Own the customer experience and work to exceed their expectations
- Dedicatedly look for solutions to problems and propose improvements if something could work better
- Be Brightflag’s ambassador for all internal departments and help them be successful in their roles
- Drive product change and improvement to make Brightflag the leading enterprise legal management platform
- Understand Brightflag's platform and configure customers’ instances to ensure they derive maximum value from it
- Collaborate with the Senior Customer Success Manager, USA to educate and onboard law firm and customer end-users to set them up for success using Brightflag’s platform
- Craft educational articles for the Bright help center
What Skills do I need?
- At least 1 year of experience in customer support, ideally in a software technical environment
- Experience supporting customers via phone, email, tickets or live chat
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, replicate and follow-up on customer issues
- Experience in a tier-based environment which requires documenting cases for further investigation
- A love for all things data and spending time in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of common help desk/ticketing solutions
- Full professional fluency in spoken and written English
Bonus skills & attributes
- Zendesk experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Health insurance
- Central office location in New York
- Reading is important, therefore we offer an outstanding Book Work Scheme benefit
- Downtime is important at Brightflag, we offer 20 days holiday
- 401K Plan Option
At Brightflag, we are a diverse and inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who make every day count and strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.