Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring Captains - Join Us!
Breeze is looking for “Seriously Nice” Pilots to work at the newest and nicest airline, Breeze Airways!
Breeze Airways Pilots are responsible for ensuring safe and timely flight operations in accordance with all Company policies and Federal Aviation Regulations. Our Pilots are overall Leaders who safely take care of our Team Members and Guests. They understand that our pursuit of Excellence is not a destination, but rather, a journey.
New A220 Captain Pay Rates
We’ve increased our A220 Captain pay rates by 30.00 per hour!
Pilot Stock Awards
Future Direct Entry Captains with a class date of July 31, 2023 or earlier will receive a Founder Pilot Stock Award of 200 Restricted Stock Units effective the first day of the month following their first flight as captain after completion of OE (but no earlier than May 31, 2023).
Here’s what you’ll do
- Responsible for the safe and timely completion of flight operations in accordance with all Company policies and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Operates assigned flights after determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and reviewing all current factors such as weather, field conditions, navigational aids, etc., relative to the safe operation of the flight
- Responsible for the operation of the aircraft during the designated period of duty unless relieved by Company authority – this involves operating the aircraft according to applicable Company policies and FARs
- Responsible for the supervision and enroute performance of other crewmembers assigned to their aircraft
- Maintains a high degree of proficiency and a thorough knowledge of flight operations, procedures, and systems applicable to the aircraft flown
- Through completion of appropriate pre- and post-flight inspection, ensures the airworthy condition of assigned aircraft in accordance with Company policy and FARs
- Becomes familiar with existing and forecast departure, arrival, and if applicable, alternate station weather prior to each flight
- Ensures that the flight is planned and fueled properly so that it may be conducted safely and in accordance with current policies and regulations
- Assists with and ensures proper handling of aircraft, passengers, baggage, and cargo at terminal points where other company personnel are not available
- Notifies crew and passengers promptly of turbulence, adverse weather conditions or any other operational factors affecting the flight
- Ensures that the load manifest for a flight is reviewed and the passenger count is verified prior to each departure
- Advises the dispatcher in a timely manner, of any situation that could affect the flight schedule – the dispatcher will then arrange for any necessary diversion, cancellation, rerouting, or rescheduling of aircraft and will notify the affected Flight Crews, who will be expected to comply
- Observe the Rules of Conduct for all employees as outlined in the Company Team Member Playbook and Pilot Playbook
- The knowledge and ability to assess risk and use the proper resources to keep risk to an acceptable level during all phases of ground and flight operations
- Perform such other flight officer duties as assigned by the Company
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must be at least 23 years old at the time of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- FAA Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate with airplane multi-engine class rating
- Must have a minimum of 3,000 hours fixed wing time
- Must have 2,000 hours total time in large, Group II transport category, fixed-wing aircraft (More than 41,000 lbs. maximum takeoff weight)
- Must have 500 hours of PIC in large, Group II transport category aircraft (More than 41,000 lbs. maximum takeoff weight)
- Note: PIC is defined as Captain or Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls
- Must meet the requirements of 14 CFR 121.436(a)(3)
- Must have US Part 121 experience
- Must maintain Pilot training history in accordance with the Pilot Records Improvement Act of 1996 (PRIA)
- Must have or be able to obtain a current First-Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Must have or be able to obtain an FCC Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport
- Must be able to travel unrestricted to and from the United States
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Actively flying two of the past five years
- The ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to facilitate cooperative relationships between/among people and departments
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Ejet Bases: CHS, MSY, ORF, PVU
A220 Bases: CHS, TPA, BDL, PVU, PVD
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.