Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
Breeze Airways is the newest, nicest, fastest growing airline with maintenance bases in Windsor Locks, CT (BDL), Charleston, SC (CHS), New Orleans, LA (MSY), Norfolk, VA (ORF), Provo, UT (PVU), Tampa, FL(TPA), Providence, RI (PVD), and coming in 2024, Orlando, FL (MCO)!
With opportunities at each location, Breeze AMTs are paid based on years of experience.
Starting pay up to $32.50 an hour based on experience
Rate of Pay p/hr.
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is responsible for performing maintenance, preventative maintenance, and alterations of Breeze aircraft, including troubleshooting, performing run-up and taxi procedures, and signing mechanical flight releases. The Aircraft Maintenance Technician reports to a Line Maintenance Supervisor and carries out instructions as assigned in accordance with FAA regulations and Breeze policy and procedures.
As certified AMTs, you have an important role to ensure the safety of our fellow Breeze Team members and Guests as well as the airworthiness of our fleet.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Perform all assigned maintenance duties in accordance with the Breeze General Maintenance Manual (GMM)
- Responsible and accountable for all work performed
- Complete all appropriate Breeze forms on all work assigned and performed
- Properly handle all parts, units, assemblies, and aircraft while in the repair process
- Ensure that all documentation is kept current as to open discrepancies and completed corrective actions
- Complete all associated and required documentation for all maintenance work performed or inspections conducted accurately and correctly
- Submit personal OJT Task Cards on time and accurately
- Maintain the work area in a safe, clean, and operative condition and ensure all tools are accounted for at completion of all assigned tasks
- Properly care for and use tooling and equipment used for aircraft maintenance
- Notify the Maintenance Supervisor and all other appropriate Team Members of any condition that would compromise the airworthiness of Breeze aircraft
- Maintain a valid Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate, or Repairman Certificate, and keep the certificate available for inspection by the FAA, NTSB, or Breeze Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Maintenance Leadership, MOC, and/or DOM
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must hold a current, valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions and recent experience on commercial aircraft types
- Ability to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- Must have a valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Must be able to travel unrestricted to and from the United States
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be flexible and willing to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime if needed
- Must be willing to travel 20% of the time
- Must be willing to work with other departments within the company as needed
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- Understanding and working knowledge of FAA regulations including FAR part 121 operations
- Experience maintaining Embraer E-Jet and/or Airbus A220 family aircraft
- Familiar with an airline Maintenance Information System (MIS) such as TRAX
- Degree in Aerospace, Aviation Maintenance or Business Degree preferred
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be fluent in English
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.