Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring, join us!
Our software developers are responsible for creating extensible software applications that scale to meet the needs of our growing user base. Our developers have strong technical backgrounds. They work through ambiguity to solve complex problems. They have strong communication skills and frequently communicate complex technical concepts to business leaders. They are continuously learning in an effort to sharpen their skills and explore the domain in which they operate.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Write code for a set of Angular web applications using TypeScript.
- Develop and maintain software solutions for the airline
- Write clean functional code
- Test and fix bugs or other issues
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Work as part of a development team in the design of software applications
- Conduct requirement analysis, document technical specifications, and write, review, and debug code
- Recommend product revisions or enhancements based on user feedback
- Develop and maintain documentation or user manuals
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience, including Boot Camp completion
- 3+ years relevant job experience
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision, ability to work varied hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- 5+ years software development experience using Angular.
- Knowledge and skills in software development and debugging
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
- The entire process is fully virtual and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, the team will review your submission.
- If we decide to move forward, we’ll reach out to set up the first interview.
- The first interview:
- is a behavioral interview.
- usually takes between 25-45 minutes (scheduled for 30 minutes)
- are 1:1 with an engineering manager.
- If we decide to move forward, we’ll reach out to set up a second and final interview.
- The second interview:
- is a technical interview
- usually takes between 60-90 minutes (scheduled for 90 minutes)
- are with 2 engineers from your immediate team or function
- has two parts:
- 1st, a coding challenge
- 2nd, a high-level discussion about how you would design a system or service.
- If we decide to move forward after the second interview, we’ll work to put together an offer for you!
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Flexible PTO + Company Holidays + Kindness Hours
- Unlimited, Free Standby Flights on Breeze Airways.
- Unlimited, Low-cost Standby Flights on over 100 other airlines!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.