Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
Our Dispatchers, who must hold a current FAA Certificate, will plan for the safe and efficient operation of each Breeze Airways flight. The Dispatcher authorizes, regulates, and controls commercial airline flights according to government and company regulations, taking into account aircraft performance and loading, enroute winds, storm and turbulence forecasts, airspace restrictions, and airport conditions. Dispatchers are responsible for several flights at a time and for providing the Dispatch Release for each flight.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Plan and release all flights according to regulations, company policies, and procedures to ensure optimum safety of the operation of each flight
- Consider the suitability of weather, traffic, field conditions, airways, facilities, and any other factor that could affect the flight
- Analyze weather information and plan for the safest, most economic course of action
- Compute the required fuel load within maximum allowable take-off and landing weight, plan the route of flights and the type of operation to be conducted
- Determine if an alternate for take-off or destination is required
- Monitor the progress of flights and, together with the Captain, manage the flight until it arrives at the destination
- Effectively communicate and follow emergency procedures when necessary
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
- Other duties as assigned
Here’s what you need to be successful
- High school diploma, equivalent education attainment, or equivalent experience
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate
- 6+ months as an Aircraft Dispatcher (combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must be at least twenty-three (23) years of age
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Ability to maintain a poised demeanor while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience engaging all people and all types of personalities and agendas
- Ability to establish credibility and to be decisive
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically, and coherently at various levels within the organization, both written and verbal
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other priorities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Models and promotes Breeze’s values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity, Excellence
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations and company policies and procedures
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short notice
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.