ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Senior Project Manager / BA Enterprise Solutions (Contract)
This role is for a 6-month contract position.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
bluebird bio’s Global Information Technology & Informatics team’s shared vision is to drive technology solutions and services that enable scientific innovation and advanced patient care for our people, our partners, and our patients. We are moving fast here at bluebird, working together in building and supporting a legendary gene therapy company, and bringing hope to patients and their families. As a member of bluebird’s IT team, we have the opportunity and privilege to deliver technology solutions and services to teams supporting our gene therapy drug development programs and as well as patients, caregivers, and the healthcare organizations who treat them globally. We are a passionate, hardworking, and friendly flock of IT birds who are looking for individuals to step outside their comfort zone and work with our shared mission to serve first, build trust, and operate as ONE Team. We invite you to be a part of something bigger than yourself and come make your mark with us! In this role, you will be playing an important role across multiple projects within the Enterprise Solutions group. The Enterprise Solutions group manages key experiences involving Office 365 (Teams, SharePoint, etc.) and Box. In any given project you may play the role of a Business Analyst or a Project Manager or both. You will interface with business and IT partners to understand needs, collaborate with technical experts (in-house/vendors) on solutions and oversee execution. This role will require coordination with Quality / IT Compliance / IT Computer System Validation teams around GxP needs. This role will also involve system maintenance tasks like user management, permissions management, writing SOPs, etc.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Senior Project Manager / BA Enterprise Solutions bird reporting to the Associate Director, Enterprise Solutions, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- This role will require strong experience as a Project Manager and a Business Analyst.
- Be a professional expert and escalation pathway throughout the organization.
- Successfully solve unique and complex problems that have a critical impact on the business.
- Anticipate internal and external business challenges and recommend creative solutions.
- Design, lead and execute initiatives that have a meaningful impact on critical goals.
- Contribute to the development of the functional strategy as a subject matter expert.
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- BS/ MS degree.
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager is required.
- Must have experience collaborating with vendors and implementation partners.
- Must have strong hands-on experience and functional knowledge of Office 365 technologies (especially Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Following skills are highly preferred –
- Microsoft Teams administration and support
- SharePoint administration and support
- Box administration and support
- GxP system validation
- Previous experience in rapidly growing life sciences organizations is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, small, fast-paced team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and with good problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive results.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.