Blenheim Chalcot (BC) is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. Over the years, we have built over 40 businesses at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport and more. Today, Blenheim Chalcot’s companies have sales of over £350m.
It is a cohesive group and we have a strong culture built around curious, engaging and innovative people. Working alongside entrepreneurs and co-founders, we support our ventures from start-up to scale to exit, giving them access to the global networks and services they need to grow.
We host our startups in an incubator; a 30,000 sq ft venture hub office in Hammersmith, home to a buzzing mix of fast growth digital start-ups. We currently have around 20 companies in the portfolio who vary in stage from seed to venture to growth.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive-thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do.
We have an opportunity to join one of Blenheim Chalcot’s fast-growing portfolio businesses for the position of Finance Manager/Accounts Assistant. This is a part-time opportunity (24 hours/ 3 days a week) with flexibility around how these hours are set.
- Production of monthly/quarterly reporting to CFO (including Trial Balance & VAT reports).
- Completion of statutory & regulatory reporting to HMRC and ISO
- Creation of ad hoc reports to business and investment owner
- Ensure timely reporting of costs
- Completion of Insurance forms
- Weekly cash reporting to CEO/CFO
- Update actuals in reports for Budget process
- Update actuals in reports for quarterly reforecast
- Update actuals in slides for monthly board update
- Update actuals in weekly sales tracker
- Distribute Management Accounting pack for teams
Maintain Financial Controls
- Monitoring of key performance indicators and taking ownership for timely resolution of any issues.
- Timely and accurate completion of various control account reconciliations
- Ensure any book keeping is performed in a timely and accurate manner
- All month end journals post CFO review
- Liaise with third party accountants to ensure timely completion of annual statutory accounts. Perform any adjustments
- Process all supplier bank payments and actively manage payment dates
- Take responsibility for debtor levels, keep debtor balance to a minimum
- Use third party billing platform software and where applicable administer third party vendor supplier management tools
- Manage third party payroll, ensure Bacs is processed correctly with associated reporting
- Understand third party royalty system software “Curve”
- Ensure liaison with third party royalty administrators is professional.
- Check accuracy of Curve royalty system publishing royalty statements
- Ensure payments to artists using third party system are accurate and timely (same day each month)
- Attend regular meetings with CFO
- Work with CFO to manage workload effectively.
- Build strong working relationships with company finance team
- Help create a finance function that’s seen as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ both internally and externally.
Ad Hoc Issues
- Co-ordinate the resolution of day to day queries from customers both internally and externally.
- Perform any other accounting duties as needed to support the business
- Transition current accounts system from Sage to Xero (if appropriate)
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years book-keeping skills
- Strong Excel skills, (incl. working knowledge of pivot tables & V-Lookup tables).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi-task and effectively prioritise.
- Organised, with attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative to resolve day to day issues.
- Proficient in Sage
- AAT Qualified
- Working towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Working knowledge of either MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook or Google equivalents
- Knowledge of alternative accounting software such as Xero
- Experience of Royalty accounting
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours (the ideal candidate will be looking for part-time hours (3 days - 24 hours), and we can be flexible on the number and timing of days you would like to work.
- £35,000 (pro-rated)
- Pension and benefits
- Informal and relaxed dress code
- Friendly team
We will look to invite interviewees into our offices to meet with a small group of key people you would be working with.
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot group are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.