ABOUT HIVE LEARNING
Hive Learning is a global leader in digital learning, helping workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion, collaboration and innovation. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We’re growing fast with main offices in London and New York. And we are proud to count some of the world’s most impactful and dynamic organisations (and individuals) as our customers, supporters and friends.
Our 50+ clients include the likes of Deloitte, Pepsico, Boots, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organisations and not-for-profits - and our client base is growing fast.
We have a heritage of high performance - we’re backed by venture builder investors Blenheim Chalcot and founded by Rugby World-Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward.
Our multi-discipline start-up team of 50 people spans in-house web and app development, professional services, content development, commercial, and marketing.
And now we’re looking for someone who is just as inspired by learning as we are to help us write engaging digital learning content.
Are you a skilled writer with an interest in leadership, behaviour change, human skills, psychology, and/or inclusion? Do you have a knack for synthesising complex ideas into simple, concrete and engaging copy?
We’re looking for a content writer who can help us write leadership and diversity and inclusion-related learning content that helps our users learn and grow. You’ll research, structure and write content that’s engaging, practical and designed to drive real behaviour change.
You’ll sit in the content function but will work closely with the professional services and commercial teams. You’ll have the opportunity to be mentored and supported by an experienced content director and passionate content team members, and regularly work alongside members of our exec team, too.
What's more, you'll also have plenty of opportunities to shape the direction of our overall content and learning strategy.
Are you looking for an opportunity to take your writing career to the next level?
Hive Learning is a fast-growing start-up and so as a member of our early-stage content team, there are no limits for how far this role could take you 🚀.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Write bitesize learning content, following our proven methodology and brand guidelines
- Research and collate cutting edge resources from the web within a specific topic area, such as building inclusion or encouraging innovation in your team
- Read, synthesise and distil key points and case studies from the best leadership and diversity & inclusion resources, including books, podcasts, academic articles, original research and the web
- Develop content plans for our learning modules
- Edit and proofread your content teammates’ writing
- Capture and shape briefs, showcase our content and educate customers on best practice content design for digital learning
- Proactively seek out feedback from the team, clients and users and take an Agile ‘test and iterate’ approach to your content writing
Key skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree-level education - or equivalent life experience!
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar content writer, copywriter or other creative writing role in a business environment
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills with a plain English approach
- Able to produce engaging and credible copy from a blank page, including an understanding of how to adapt for different audiences and purposes
- A master at web search to unearth brilliant sources
- You excel in a high-growth environment, working at startup pace, embracing change and adjusting course regularly
- Experience managing lots of tasks at once, able to prioritise your workload accordingly and work to a deadline
- You’re an infinite learner - you enjoy researching even totally unfamiliar topics, and are interested in reading and learning about leadership and diversity & inclusion
- You’re resilient and proactive, and thrive in an autonomous (but supportive) environment
- You get pleasure from doing a phenomenal job and going the extra mile
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working in a copy editor capacity
- Experience writing learning content
- A passion for leadership, diversity, equality, inclusion and/or social justice
WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Continuous opportunities for personal development; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 10+ other start-ups we share a building with
- Fun activities, nights out, office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer and fizz to coconut water and San Pellegrino
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Flexible working to make sure you can live your best life outside of work
- £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination that suits you from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership, comprehensive health assessment - and much more
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Hive Learning an inclusive and supportive workplace.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on characteristics including race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status and chronic illness. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on protected characteristics, Hive Learning also strives to prevent subtler forms of inappropriate behaviour (e.g., bias, stereotyping). Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Hive Learning.
Join our mission. Join Hive Learning.