Customer Operations Associate
SalaryFinance is an award-winning FinTech business with social purpose - to help employees take control of their finances. We launch with employers as an employee benefit and help people to understand their money better, get out of debt faster and save for their future.
By improving their financial wellbeing, we have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, and provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure. The business recently completed a £40m investment round and both Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading venture builder) and Legal and General (the FTSE 100 insurer and asset manager) are active partners and strategic investors.
Launched in 2015, we have made amazing progress, are now scaling fast, and moving in new and exciting directions. We have been included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Guardian, the Telegraph, CityAM and the Institute of Directors.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Customer Operations Associate with a passion for amazing customer service to join our Customer Operations Team. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, you’ll learn our products inside out, and how to juggle complex tasks, processes, while building relationships with our London team and UK based customers.
- You have exceptional organisational and time management skills, the ability to perform smoothly and consistently in a fast-paced environment
- You are a detail-oriented perfectionist who loves to take on a complex task and gets it done, every time
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society
- You are incredibly organised, and hands-on
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative and self-motivated
- You have experience in a customer or client facing environment
- You delight in solving problems and going above and beyond to treat customers fairly and leave them feeling valued
- You enjoy interacting with customers on a daily basis, both over the live chat and by email
- You have an upbeat approach and are able to think on your feet
- You have excellent communication skills and are capable of presenting complex details, concepts and information in an easy to understand format
- You have an intermediate knowledge of Google Sheets and Excel and able to Manipulate data
Nice to have
- Customer service experience in a financial services, technology or employee benefits company
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- You are familiar with CRM systems
- Knowledge of G Suite
- Advanced Excel skills
- You have knowledge of TCF, the Data Protection Act/GDPR, CCA and Anti Money Laundering procedures
- Take responsibility for regulatory communications, ensuring they are sent out promptly and meet all requirements
- Provide additional support with our ongoing customer inbound and outbound contact, picking up emails and calls as required
- Support the Customer Service Manager in the development of customer service
- Provide support to the London customer operations team including administrative tasks
- Producing monthly and weekly reports in Google Sheets and Excel
- Analysing bank details
- Quality audits and control checks on regulatory processes
- Supporting customer service enquiries