Job Title: HR Manager
Reporting to: HR Director
Based: Glenthorne Road, Hammersmith
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help small businesses thrive, by building amazing technology that provides easy access to simple, flexible and fair finance.
Through our 11+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionising the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses directly, and also through key partnerships. Ultimately, we are small business champions and we’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all.
Liberis Finance is our small business facing brand. We offer flexible fair funding solutions to small businesses, including the Business Cash Advance and Funding Line. Small businesses love our finance solutions as they are paid back as their customers pay them, which for a business where cashflow can be unpredictable, is a real help!
What is it like to work for Liberis?
Liberis is currently a team of around 100 people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavour to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in in together and want to see our customers, partners and colleagues succeed. Come and join us on our journey, and help us transform the finance industry!
We’re proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place out of the 128 top ranked organisations. We are also ranked the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace for Women in UK and a centre of Excellence for Wellbeing.
This role presents an opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing business that values it people above all else. The successful candidate will need the spirit of entrepreneurship and a start-up attitude. Working in a small HR team you will manage two direct reports and help to shape the future of our people function.
You will be a fundamental part of growing the business, the HR team are responsible for all things people related therefore the successful candidate will be joining a true generalist team offering exposure to all elements of HR.
Key Responsibilities will vary but will include typically
Leading and directing the HR team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business
- Employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness
- Measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement
- Coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement
- Managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns
- Administrating and providing advice on company benefits
- Managing HR budgets
- Managing monthly payroll process
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law and ensuring line managers are up to date with any change in policy
- Supporting the HR Director in formulation and implementation of the people strategy and any related projects
Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
- Experience managing an HR function
- People oriented and results driven
- Experience of dealing with senior members of staff
- Ability to build rapport quickly with people at all levels of the company
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to represent the HR function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Demonstrable experience in managing disciplinaries, performance management processes and other relevant HR projects
- Knowledge of HiBob an advantage
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals
- Computer literate
- In-depth knowledge of current employment law
What we offer in return
Excellent company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
- Performance related bonus
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days
- Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, subsidised food at the Hive, mental health framework
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
- Relaxed dress code – Jeans welcome!