Job Title: Business Development Executive
Reports to: VP of Corporate Partnerships
Location: New York, NY
AVADO is an exciting and fast paced EdTech company; we help individuals and organizations grow with a ‘Learning that works’ methodology; AVADO’s vision is to become a global leader in online education. AVADO has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally; including the likes of GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, and EY.
We have exclusive partnerships with Google, Tableau and the CIPD, building high quality digital learning programs and, with over 30,000 active students and offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York. AVADO specifically helps businesses and individuals accelerate ambition in two core areas:
- AVADO Digital (Digital marketing/leaders/business transformation via Squared Online developed alongside Google)
- AVADO Professional (HR, Learning & Development, Accounting and Finance)
- Arch Apprentices (Apprenticeships in the UK)
AVADO combines the proven experience of the category leader with the commercial understanding and connections of a progressive VC group (being backed by Blenheim Chalcot).
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role provides a tremendous opportunity for a driven, early career professional who aspires to become a high-performing, consultative B2B sales professional, and for someone who is ready to take on challenges. If you want to work for a highly-respected brand, and benefit from dedicated coaching and support then this is the role for you!
Planned breakdown for 2018 workload/time split:
- Lead Generation 40%
- Pipeline Management 30%
- Client Success 15%
- Research and insight 15%
- New leads per week: 10
- Leads chased per week: 25
- New meetings per week: 5
- Generate new leads for the sales team for prospective clients, working in tandem with the marketing team.
- Identify opportunities in the market by consuming industry publications.
- Keep an up to date record of key industry decision makers in our target customers.
- Partner with the Industry Lead/Sales Manager to ideate creative and strategic pitches proposals and RFP responses.
- Deliver competitive analysis on a weekly basis.
- Regularly read and share published data and articles with the team.
- Prepare and collate research, client insights, market analysis and sales materials for key customer meetings.
- Take the client contact lead on smaller prospects, to support and manage workload of the Sales Manager/Industry Lead
- Manage contracts and Statement of Work processing.
- Manage the most effective hand off of new clients to the account management team.
- Partner closely with the Account Manager to ensure effective delivery of customer campaigns.
- Support and manage Sales and Marketing activities.
Research & Insights:
- Proactively deliver insights on key customers and trends using external data sources.
- Develop a bank of industry, customer and L&D insights and statistics to be called upon for proposals and client pitches.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A four-year college degree at the bachelor's level
- 0 – 4 years in a sales role (ideally B2B), with consistent history of achieving or surpassing quota
- Breaking through to hard-to-reach prospects and accounts, generating and managing a strong pipeline, driven by a high volume of meetings/presentations/conversations/appointments
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- PC proficiency, including Word, PowerPoint, email, and Internet, and demonstrated ability to learn new applications and processes quickly. Salesforce experience a plus
- Eager and able to receive and implement feedback to further improve sales tactics
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.