Job Title: Sales & Marketing Account Executive
Reports to: VP of Corporate Partnerships
Location: New York, NY
AVADO is a change agent at the forefront of a global need for transformation. As a global EdTech company with six international offices providing expert training in more than 60 countries, AVADO delivers its industry-leading platform as well as in-person programs through its international network of expert facilitators.
With clients that include Citi, Merck, Twitter, UNICEF and CNN, AVADO offers a diverse portfolio of programs that build professional skills, enhance digital culture and increase capability in a wide variety of fields, including digital business, marketing, human resources, finance and data.
AVADO programs combine award-winning educational-design expertise with industry-leading content, experts and partners such as Google, Tableau and CIPD. AVADO’s world-class platforms offer a unique learner experience that drives measurable success on a global scale.
We combine the proven experience as a category leader with the commercial understanding and backing of a progressive venture builder group, Blenheim Chalcot. With more than 30 years of experience providing solutions, AVADO’s specialized approach means organizational transformation has never been more achievable.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Account Executive role is predominantly an outbound focused role where the AE will be primarily responsible for lead generation and opportunity creation. They will work closely with Sales Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and Customer Success departments to proactively develop and execute a sales plan. This includes all inbound and outbound selling efforts, develop executive relationships, and accelerate strategic sales motions.
This role provides a tremendous opportunity for a driven, early career professional who aspires to become a high performing, consultative, B2B sales professional. It is for someone who is ready to take on challenges, work for a highly respected brand, and benefit from dedicated coaching and support.
- Generate new leads for the sales team for prospective clients, working in tandem with the marketing team.
- Build relationships with customers through all resources (face to face, phone, social, and other online mediums)
- Identify opportunities in the market by consuming industry publications.
- Keep an up to date record of key industry decision makers in our target customers.
- Partner with the Industry Lead/Sales Manager to create creative and strategic pitches proposals and RFP responses.
- Deliver competitive analysis on a weekly basis.
- Regularly read and share published data and articles with the team, prepare and collate research, client insights, market analysis and sales materials for key customer meetings.
- Take the client contact lead on smaller prospects, to support and manage workload of the Sales Manager/Industry Lead
- Manage contracts and Statement of Work processing.
- Manage the most effective hand off new clients to the account management team.
- Collaborate closely with the Account Manager to ensure effective delivery of customer campaigns.
- Support and manage Sales and Marketing activities.
Research & Insights:
- Proactively deliver insights on key customers and trends using external data sources.
- Develop and maintain a bank of industry insights and statistics that will be used for proposals and client pitches.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A four-year college degree at the bachelor's level
- 0 – 3 years in a sales role (ideally B2B), with consistent history of achieving or surpassing quota
- Breaking through to hard-to-reach prospects and accounts, generating and managing a strong pipeline, driven by a high volume of meetings/presentations/conversations/appointments
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- PC proficiency, including Word, PowerPoint, email, and Internet, and demonstrated ability to learn new applications and processes quickly. com experience a plus
- Eager and able to receive and implement feedback to further improve sales tactics
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging role in a rapidly evolving business with internal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401K Match
- Paid Maternity, Adoption and Paternity leave
- An ever-evolving range of perks (they're employee feedback-driven so we're continuously improving)
- A casual and friendly work environment (jeans and sneakers are A-O-K!)
- Weekly team building activities and events in and outside of the office
- Pet friendly office
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.