Biofourmis is a rapidly growing, global digital health company filled with committed, passionate professionals who care about augmenting personalized care and empowering people with complex chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. We are pioneering an entirely new category of medicine by developing clinically validated, software-based therapeutics to provide improved outcomes for patients, smarter engagement & tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. We are collectively devoted to a single-minded idea: powering personally predictive care.
Our dynamic growth has been marked by doubled headcount in the last 12 months via both expansion & acquisition, yielding a global footprint with offices in Boston, Singapore, Bangalore, and Zurich. We are backed by prominent international venture capital investment & have cultivated relationships with worldwide healthcare stakeholders over the last 5 years. Our talented team features numerous PhD’s in Data Science and Biostatistics, over 80 patents, prolific scientific publications, world-class systems, developers & engineers, and leaders in the clinical operations space.
Principal DevOps Engineer
The Principal DevOps engineer will contribute in enhancing the existing automated cloud-based infrastructure and design and implement the next generation IaC platform. As a senior member of the DevOps team, this individual will be instrumental in increasing deployment velocity into the production environment and monitoring various systems continuously for health and uptime. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for automation of infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles.
- Support and help manage the whole AWS infrastructure for all production sites for world class uptime and resiliency metrics.
- Help Build, scale, and secure application cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Build and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines with codeDeploy and Bitbucket pipelines
- Advocate and implement industry best practices for configuration management and build/deployment automation
- Work closely with developers to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Work closely with developers during the deployment and testing phases to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Participate in an on-call rotation to triage and analyze abnormalities in system operation leveraging instrumentation like ELK
- Perseverance to debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Create tooling that works across cloud providers like AWS, Azure
- Help optimize and define engineering processes.
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline
- 8+ years of experience in DevOps/Systems Administration with 4+ years of experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably AWS or Azure) applications.
- Practitioner experience with containerization (docker & Kubernetes), cloud technologies, tools (Jenkins, CodeDeploy) and practices (CI/CD patterns, automated provisioning & release, GitOps, IaC)
- Hands on experience Deploying and managing Highly Available, Scalable and resilient AWS/AZURE cloud application.
- Expertise in Infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- Strong knowledge in at least one scripting language, preferably Python/Golang
- Strong experience of monitoring solution like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, ELK
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to innovate, inspire, and collaborate with cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills targeting a broad range of audiences from engineers to senior leadership.
- Work experience in medical devices / biotech company.
- Cloud & DevOps Certifications e.g., AWS Architect, Developer or Ops