Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you someone who has experience building and scaling distributed systems? Is operating a resilient production environment with high uptimes in your DNA? Do you love pulling together open source technology with clever implementations into an amazing service?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Keystone) who gets things done and is capable of being a technical leader to other teams. We’re seeking somebody who enjoys the craft of software and solving hard problems. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new technology, we’d like to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code, and lots of it.
- You’ll be a senior member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with, and support peers to write code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it
- You’ll play a critical role in establishing and maintaining the infrastructure of our production environment
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you’ve been a software engineer for 6+ years
- You have expertise building distributed services in languages like Java, Go or C#
- You’re passionate about writing good, testable code, and your test automation proves it
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- You have experience scaling event systems and high throughput services
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You’re comfortable with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked on shared software services or infrastructure
- You have startup experience, or generally work in an environment with independent work and less defined requirements
- You understand the enjoyment of being a part of a high functioning team
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.