Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
As an engineering member on the team, you will make key design decisions that will shape our newest products. This platform will offer law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision support, state and federal crime reports, and criminal investigation insights.
Axon has lead the global effort to protect life through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of real-time sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of their communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon’s outcome-oriented data efforts.
What You’ll Do
Location: Seattle, Scottsdale or Remote in the US or Canada
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
- Participate in code reviews and architecture design meetings
- Own and drive end-to-end features with Product and Design
- Ensure that your code hits a high bar for quality and performance
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of Axon engineers
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, OR graduate of coding boot camp OR 3+ years of relevant experience in related field
- Highly technical with experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems
- Backend experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies
- Industry experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores is a plus
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience is a plus
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.