Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience in delivering large-scale, performant software systems within the media industry. The software engineer will be responsible for development and deployment of our software applications that will help shape the broadcast industry now and into the future.
The right candidate will work closely with other stakeholders from Product, PMO, Revenue, and Data teams to drive customer and business value from the Company’s unique market position. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate software engineer with a full-stack technical background skilled at solving complex challenges by building innovative software products using the
latest best practices in technology. He/she should have strong expertise in software development and delivery of large scale applications.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable digging into requirements, exceptional coding skills, helping build new software systems, and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team in agile methodology.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Delivering, scalable, clean and robust software development
- Enforcing consistent software quality by implementing tests and performing code reviews
- Collaborating with product owners, engineers and data scientists to build a seamless media platform
- Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
- Debug issues in production/live systems
- Continuously improve the platform and the codebase
- Understanding server-side CSS
- Understanding basic SEO principles
- Writing code to implement visual elements into various web applications
- Efficient use of server-side caching as well as edge caching
- Using backend technologies like REST and GraphQL
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong development skills in an Object oriented language, PHP preferred
- Experience of developing automation tools; CI/CD
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact well with stakeholders, to understand business requirements
- Creative problem-solver with ability to look beyond existing business and technology limitations to identify the “next thing”
- Past experience in the media and broadcasting industry highly desired
- Past experience in Wordpress development
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design, and microservices
- System knowledge and experience
- Experience in at least one of the following: React.js, Vue.js, Next.js
- Experience with, webpack, babel, grunt
- Strong understanding of CSS or SCSS
- Experience with versioning such as Github/bitbucket
- Familiarity with CDN technologies