About the Team
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
The Platform group is newly formed and will own the core services and frameworks that application teams will use to deliver customizable UIs and APIs. This group will build tooling that other teams use to develop their front-end applications as well as cross-cutting core services like cross-domain search. This group will start with two teams and likely grow to more.
You are a Senior Software Developer with a team-first mentality. You have a knack for solving difficult problems, debugging non-trivial issues and creating innovative solutions. You’re a developer at heart and continuously on the lookout for self betterment and mastering the art of software development. Most of all, you are someone who finds delight in learning new technologies and frameworks, and someone who cherishes the opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies that might not be within your regular comfort zone. In a nutshell, you’re a persevering developer adamant on succeeding, growing and being an instrumental team player.
What You'll Do and How You'll Make an Impact
- Design, implement, and support scalable, fault-tolerant systems
- Support initiatives to drive the latest best practices in the industry in terms of architecture or technology and assist in setting engineering-wide standards
- Research and champion new technologies
- Provide technical leadership and be an active member during code reviews and ensuring sound engineering practices are upheld within the team
- Collaborate with multiple teams to deliver enterprise-grade software and solutions
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years in Software Development
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Passion for software development with a strong product sense
- Experience in technical leadership capable of creating and validating technical designs and architecture
- Knowledge of microservice technologies
- Proven track record of delivering end-to-end solutions from scratch.
- Courage to dig-in, refactor code, and explore new technologies
- You are an expert with following technologies:
- JS & Node.JS Frameworks: Express / HappiJS
- Core Java & Java Frameworks: Spring Framework / J2EE
- Data Structure / Algorithms
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Design Patterns
- Agile Development methodology
- MySQL / MongoDB / Cassandra / Redis / Elasticsearch
- Added advantage if you have experience in:
- GraphQL APIs
- Orchestration: Kubernetes / Mesos / OpenShift
- Messaging: RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Container: Docker / Rkt
- You are proficient using following technologies
- Scalability / Performance Engineering
- Observability: Logging / Distributed tracing / Metrics
- Application Security best practices
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.