Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 15,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 200 million business contacts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability 18 out of the past 20 months, and recently closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Apollo seeks a senior Technology Leader for the role of Senior Director/Head of Indian Engineering to rapidly-scaling India Engineering offices with top talents.
You will be the principal representative of the company in India, and you will play a key role in building and enhancing the image of Apollo as a Tier One employer of choice in the India market. You will take ownership to foster a high-energy, high-performance and innovative engineering culture. While the principal office is expected to be in Bangalore, location will not be a constraint for the right candidate as long as the person is based out of India.
Apart from building a first-tier, world-class engineering team in India, you will also directly own engineering initiatives that align with the company strategy, in the area of feature development and product foundations.
- Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by sourcing and hiring engineers and engineering manager candidates from the best product companies in the Indian market
- Rapidly assess and review core technology challenges across the Innovation Features and Product Foundation areas, and drive the overarching vision, strategy for innovation features and product foundations from engineering side
- Manage and lead multiple teams of full-stack, backend and frontend engineers to execute on product visions, make innovations in the assigned areas of sales intelligence & engagement, and deliver resilient architecture on the cloud
- Partner with Product, Engineering, UX, Platform and Foundation stakeholders to bring innovations for delivering seamless experiences
- Help champion a data-driven culture through experiments and deep analysis and push long-term business value creation through development of best practices
- Foster strong collaboration between globally distributed teams.
- Work with company PR department to build strong branding in India for attracting top talents
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and execute on corporate level initiatives in a timely and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to hire and manage a top notch engineering organization by attracting top performers, and growing high potential engineers
- Strong team-orientation and the ability to work in multicultural, geographically distributed and cross functional teams
- Demonstrated technical prowess as well as ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Instinctively driven by data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop roadmaps.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize and prioritize projects and execute methodically
- Proven leadership experience in an environment operating at scale and with globally distributed teams
- 12+ years of software engineering industry experience, 5-8+ years of engineering management experience, and 2 years of two-layer management experience
- Primary focus on product development in a large technology platform, core technology consulting firm or new-age startups with over $20 million in annual revenues
- Strong strategic planning and engineering leadership skills in delivering industry leading software solutions
- Proven track record of leading engineering initiatives across functional areas and regional R&D offices
- Experience developing distributed web applications while setting up and leading 50+ member teams
- Strong growth mindset for self development and employees under management
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- MS Degree from Top Tier global University in a technical discipline (e.g. CS, Math, Engineering)
- Should have sound fundamentals in software architecture at scale, effective engineering processes for distributed on-demand computing, devops, and cross-team functions
- Experience with cloud-based architecture and open source technologies
- Excellent network in the technology and venture community
- Exposure to headcount planning, budgeting and rapid scaling for companies in advanced stages of growth
- Have experience in both big companies (3,000+ employees) and startup (<200 employees)
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!