Do you want to work in a cool, young, inclusive beauty company?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a semi-startup environment?
Do you have a strong passion for digital marketing?
If this sounds like you, here’s your perfect job!
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Update calendars with ecommerce activities to ensure other teams have visibility
- Coordinate with key owners (design and marketing) to ensure delivery of all assets / resources on time
- Coordinate with the internal team and provide support to online marketing strategies
- Organize and prioritize projects in asana - acting as project manager for web-related tasks
- Support liaison with communication needs across departments - participating in meetings and providing clear and accurate notes as a record, updating asana and all stakeholders involved
- Assist in ongoing maintenance support and day-to-day updates for loveamika.com, including updating inventory, site merchandising, site promotions, blog content and product details and support with new launches
- Moderate customer reviews on an ongoing basis and liaison with the customer service teams and product development teams on data
- Support customer service with queries about online user experience, inventory updates, launches, etc.
- Assisting in projects to enhance format and features of the website to maximize clarity and ease of navigation for customers
- Liaise with the web designers, web development and the analytics team to make adjustments as needed
Research and Development
- Keep abreast of new developments, trends and competitor analysis in the e-marketing world
- Work with the analytics team in order to maximize SEO traffic, digital ad spend and email/text marketing
- Analyze sales and traffic to inform the effectiveness of marketing strategies
Digital and Email Marketing
- Build out email campaigns, email flows, and text messages
- Work with the analytics team on segmenting email campaigns and emails flows
- Work with the analytics team and marketing on asset requests and copy requests for homepage, ads, texts, emails
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, technology, business, or other related field
- At least 1-2 years experience in e-commerce/digital marketing/email marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Team player with strong communication and organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized strong ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experience with adobe suite a plus
- Experience working as a project manager with CMS and ESP platforms
- Google Analytics proficient - experience with digital marketing, social media and understanding marketing performance metrics
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
- “What I like most about the company is the encouragements to grow your career. All of the brand presidents and most other people in leadership roles were here from the beginning and moved up to where they are now. Its inspiring and exciting - the company is truly serious about empowering and elevating people’s careers.”
Perks & Benefits:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly product allowance for HMS brands
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Make friends
- Love going to work every day
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.