Are you a self-motivated creative artist?
Do you consider yourself a team player who is always up to date with the latest & greatest?
If this sounds like you, here’s your perfect job!
Sense Studio is a Bushwick-based Creative Studio, and part of Heat Makes Sense, specializing in all things brand: Strategy, storytelling, packaging, digital experiences, environments and video. We design products, experiences, campaigns, environments and tell stories on and offline. We work primarily in the hair and beauty space. The brands we have built and maintain include Amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in high-end salons (loveamika.com) and Eva NYC in Target, Forever 21, and Urban Outfitters (eva-nyc.com).We are seeking a Junior Video Editor and Animator with 1-3 years experience to primarily work with our Photo and Video Production Team to successfully deliver video and photography assets to our clients and partners.
1. Skilled at using Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop to edit and manipulate a large volume of visual assets — both motion and stills (prospective candidates must submit a reel of work or provide a link to one)
2. Proficient at creating and editing digital and video content for a variety of platforms (ads, paid social, organic social, print, etc)
3. Experienced in retouching and compositing a variety of image styles (still life, on model, beauty, product, etc)
4. Experienced with prepping files for pre-press and print vendors
5. Experienced with metadata tagging and archiving
6. A team player who is able to work well with others and always ready to learn
7. Have great taste and are well-versed in fashion, culture, art, etc.
8. Are self-motivated with a positive attitude and strong communications skills
9. Highly organized and have excellent time management skills
10. Must have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while being flexible
11. Experience on a studio photography set and with Capture One is a plus
2. Resizing and editing campaign content to fit a variety of placements and needs as directed by the Photo and Video Production Artist
3. Image optimization, retouching, resizing, manipulation, color correction
4. Prepping images for different usages and converting files
5. Organization of files within our server, and metadata tagging/uploading to our DAM
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
We work hard and play hard, and have a challenging, but very fun company culture. We have events throughout the year, big and small: from going to the bar for happy hour to summertime rooftop BBQs. We try to make this a fun and happy place to be and offer perks throughout the year to show our employees we appreciate their hard work.
Most importantly, we also offer a full benefits package including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Quarterly product allowance for all HMS brands
- Paid vacation and sick time
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
- “What I like most about the company is the encouragements to grow your career. All of the brand presidents and most other people in leadership roles were here from the beginning and moved up to where they are now. Its inspiring and exciting - the company is truly serious about empowering and elevating people’s careers.”
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.
Please feel free to share additional resources when applying - we are interested in seeing your blog, portfolio, Instagram, etc