Are you passionate about the beauty industry?
Are you a self-learner who is looking for an amazing opportunity?
If this sounds like you, here’s your perfect job!
Sense Studio is a Bushwick-based Creative Studio specializing in all things brand-related: Strategy, storytelling, packaging, digital experiences, environments and video. We design products, experiences, campaigns, environments and tell stories on and offline. We strive to empower women and push the boundaries of beauty. The brands we have built and maintain include amika (loveamika.com) for Birchbox, Sephora, and in high-end salons, as well as Eva-NYC (eva-nyc.com) for Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters.
Sense Studio is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and passionate digital-first designer with a strong background in digital design from concept to execution on all platforms. The ideal candidate is someone who creates fresh, engaging, and effective web experiences for updates, seasonal campaigns, and product launches. This includes digital layouts and animated assets. Candidates must also have an eye for trends and innovation in digital marketing spaces. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Brooklyn, NY.
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to complex design problems from conception to production for homepages, landing pages, PDPs, site experiences (campaign launches), digital marketing, email blasts, and other marketing initiatives using wireframes and interactive mockups
- Ensure brand consistency across all platforms and devices while pushing the aesthetic to be modern, eye-catching, and offer a optimal user experience
- Collaborate with other creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Work independently with project managers, e-commerce, and marketing teams to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements, and timelines for each project
- Retain an ongoing passion and sense of playfulness for digital practices in the beauty industry
- Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience), and a minimum of 3-5 years of digital design experience
- A strong portfolio with demonstrated examples of designing excellent user-centered experiences
- Understanding of the UX process and design principles
- Intermediate experience using and complete understanding of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision
- Experience creating gifs and animations for web
- Agency or brand experience working in e-commerce, beauty, and/or fashion a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others
- Ability to present and pitch user-focused design solutions to stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
We work hard and play hard, and have a challenging, but very fun company culture. We have events throughout the year, big and small: from going to the bar for happy hour to summertime rooftop BBQs. We try to make this a fun and happy place to be and offer perks throughout the year to show our employees we appreciate their hard work.
Most importantly, we also offer a full benefits package including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Quarterly product allowance for all HMS brands
- Paid vacation and sick time
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
- “What I like most about the company is the encouragements to grow your career. All of the brand presidents and most other people in leadership roles were here from the beginning and moved up to where they are now. Its inspiring and exciting - the company is truly serious about empowering and elevating people’s careers.”
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.
Please feel free to share additional resources when applying - we are interested in seeing your blog, portfolio, Instagram, etc