To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
Supply chain disruption. Climate change risk. National security and investment transparency. Forced labor. The greatest problems of our time all intersect with supply chains. Altana is seeking a Senior Analyst to join our internal think tank to investigate and devise actionable solutions to these and other issues. This is a unique opportunity to leverage state of the art AI to produce data-driven reporting on some of the toughest problems in the world.
The Senior Analyst will be a power user of the Atlas platform and an expert in Altana’s supply chain risk and resilience solution. Working with internal Altana teams as well as customers, the Senior Analyst responsible for conducting original analysis, communicating findings, cultivating an outside network of stakeholders, and helping inform Altana’s product development planning. The Senior Analyst will be as comfortable engaging with technical users of the Atlas as with external stakeholders in think tanks and the media.
The Senior Analyst will bring strong experience in or knowledge of logistics and supply chain management.
- Leverage data science skills, open source research techniques, and the Atlas platform to produce and brief original, insightful analysis.
- Become a power-user of the Atlas platform, support customers in rapidly achieving value from the solution, and identify new use cases to address stakeholder needs - before they have articulated them.
- Understand and contribute to the Altana product development process, including in collaboration with Altana data scientists, engineers, customer-facing stakeholders, and product managers.
- Deeply understand the supply chain risk domain, Altana’s technology, and our customer base--and demonstrate effective communication and writing skills with respect to each.
- Engage in firm-building activities (e.g, recruiting, knowledge building / domain expertise development, etc.)
- 3+ years of technical experience in analytics, data science, software engineering or a similar technology related field using Python, SQL, Databricks, ArangoDB, AWS or Azure
- Significant experience with open source research, and strong knowledge of the open and commercial data environment.
- Strong interest in or previous knowledge of international logistics and supply chains
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on written communication
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.