Altana provides the world’s only dynamic, intelligent map of the global supply chain - the Altana Atlas - using AI and machine learning models to connect with and learn from massive sets of public and private data. Through the Atlas, companies and governments can understand the distant origins of products well beyond their own direct suppliers; discover trading relationships and national security risks deep in their networks; measure labor and environmental impacts; identify related risks and opportunities; ensure effective compliance and enforcement with trade requirements; and collaborate to manage all of it.
We have built a fundamental understanding of how the world’s economy works, and the implications for global resiliency, sustainability and opportunity are enormous. Backed by leading investors and used by the world’s most important organizations (Maersk, US Customs and Border Protection, Merck, Boston Scientific, and more), Altana’s mission is to power a new era of globalization organized around trusted supply chain networks.
This is a lofty mission, and our success depends on building a diverse, global team and creating an environment in which they can thrive. We operate in accordance with our values: we focus on value creation, not capture; we foster diversity and embrace difference; we embrace reality; we get things done; we amaze our clients. When you join Altana, you’ll be joining a vibrant, collaborative team working together to solve complex problems with the potential for global societal impact.
The Opportunity at Altana
As we continue to scale our Logistics business we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Account Executive to join our team in London, UK or New York, US. As an Account Executive at Altana Technologies, you'll be at the forefront of our sales initiatives, playing a crucial role in growing our footprint with Logistics Service Providers. You'll be working closely with various teams, including Sales Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing to drive sales cycles and build new business pipeline.
This position reports directly to the Director of Logistics and offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our growing business.
- Develop detailed sales plans and sales forecasts.
- Drive active sales cycles while building new business pipeline through prospecting and relationship building with mid-sized Shippers.
- Manage a large portfolio of Logistics Service Provider accounts from Ocean Liners to Customs Brokers.
- Summarize product feedback gathered from customer meetings and act as advocate for our customers with internal development and product teams.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of logistics industry.
- Ability to sell across multiple Lines of Business simultaneously (IT, Procurement, Transportation, Supply Chain/Logistics).
- Travel to meet with clients, prospects and partners.
- Experience working with fast-growth technology company, strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of Enterprise Software sales experience.
- Knowledge of the supply-chain and logistics/transportation space (must have).
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and executive audiences, whether it's an impromptu whiteboard discussion or a prepared presentation and demo.
- Ability to be strategic, but still roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done.
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a cadence of delivering consistent results.
- Track record of carrying an annual quota of $1M+.
- Previous sales process & methodology training.
This role can be based in any of our US Altana hub locations, with hybrid work flexibility: New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., or San Francisco
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.