Altana provides the world’s only dynamic, intelligent map of the global supply chain - the Altana Atlas - using AI and machine learning models to connect with and learn from massive sets of public and private data. Through the Atlas, companies and governments can understand the distant origins of products well beyond their own direct suppliers; discover trading relationships and national security risks deep in their networks; measure labor and environmental impacts; identify related risks and opportunities; ensure effective compliance and enforcement with trade requirements; and collaborate to manage all of it.
We have built a fundamental understanding of how the world’s economy works, and the implications for global resiliency, sustainability and opportunity are enormous. Backed by leading investors and used by the world’s most important organizations (Maersk, US Customs and Border Protection, Merck, Boston Scientific, and more), Altana’s mission is to power a new era of globalization organized around trusted supply chain networks.
This is a lofty mission, and our success depends on building a diverse, global team and creating an environment in which they can thrive. We operate in accordance with our values: we focus on value creation, not capture; we foster diversity and embrace difference; we embrace reality; we get things done; we amaze our clients. When you join Altana, you’ll be joining a vibrant, collaborative team working together to solve complex problems with the potential for global societal impact.
The Opportunity at Altana
The Account Executive (AE) will have the opportunity to sell an AI-powered supply chain network & visibility platform to a global corporate audience. They will leverage and build relationships with large multinationals to deliver the Altana Atlas platform to help these enterprises see across borders, build supply chain resilience, and manage risk.
AEs work with some of the top technical and domain experts in trade, law enforcement, and international affairs as thought partners and strategic advisors, leveraging our eminent advisory board and investor base for C-Suite access to the Fortune 1000. In this role, they will be responsible for closing six and seven-figure subscription sales of our AI platform to enterprise buyers.
- Create sales pipeline through researching and targeting relevant companies using the latest prospecting tools.
- Build and develop enterprise leads who have needs that interact with Altana’s core value proposition.
- Work full cycle deals from outbounding to close, including as a key member of the deal team in negotiating and executing contracts.
- Become an expert in the Altana product, including the ability to demonstrate the technology on your own to external stakeholders.
- Partner with account managers and the implementation team to enable growth opportunities for closed deals.
- Support VP, Enterprise Sales as needed with go-to-market strategy creation.
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment and with experience selling to enterprise accounts.
- Proven success in lead generation and prospecting, and closing deals at or above $100k/yr.
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics.
- Expert pipeline management.
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable.
- Willingness to learn the basic concepts of data fusion and machine learning, and to position our product to both technical and commercial audiences.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and influence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Good judgment and willingness to roll up sleeves to do what is necessary to meet team goals.
This role can be based in any of our US Altana hub locations, with hybrid work flexibility: New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., or San Francisco
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.