To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
We are looking for a talented Data Science & Machine Learning Leader to help build this vision. In this role you’ll report to the Chief Technical Officer and Chief Science Officer and help create the culture and environment by which we use cutting edge AI + ML to construct our network, deliver predictions to customers, analyze and predict network trust, identify classification and misclassification problems, and help our teams build, deliver, and customer the AI/ML experience for our customers. This is a strategic role for our organization that enables us to accelerate our rapidly grow the value and unique insight we can deliver to customers.
- Manage a cross-functional team of talented Data Scientists, Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers responsible for the construction and enhancement of the Altana Atlas Knowledge Graph, and the delivery of our decision support products
- Define Altana's data and machine learning technology standards, and oversee the training, mentorship, and performance of a world-class technology team
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with Product and Customer Solutions stakeholders to understand requirements and priorities
- Manage the evaluation and professional development of your organization, including cultivating middle management
- Establish and oversee a hiring process that attracts and retains world class technology talent who can push the envelope of natural language processing, machine learning, and network analysis
- BS or MS degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 10+ years of real-world professional experience building products based on Data Science & ML
- You have strong working knowledge of Knowledge Graphs, Entity Resolution, Natural Language Processing, and Classification techniques
- You have experience managing managers, building teams of 20+, and delivering major organizational impact
- You have a strong sense of shared ownership and a collaborative disposition
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- You've worked with supply chain data, company data, or have familiarity with B2B economic modeling
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Tools: Git, Kubernetes, Databricks, PowerBI, Tableau, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, DataBricks, ArangoDB
Compensation: $150,000 - $350,000 (Negotiable and dependent on experience)
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.