To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Solutions team is looking for talented Implementation Data Scientists to help execute on this vision. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and leadership team in order to:
- Manage successful customer software deployments and technical work streams from end-to-end, with the ability to effectively manage priorities, deliver on-time, and communicate effectively internally and with customers
- Become a power-user of the Atlas platform and API products, support customers in rapidly achieving value from the solution, and identify new use cases to address customer pain points
- Oversee the specification and development of new or expanded solutions
- Deeply understand the trade compliance/supply chain risk domain, Altana’s technology, and our customer base--and demonstrate effective communication and writing skills with respect to each
- Work closely with Solutions Managers to integrate feedback from internal and external customers.
- Leads firm-building activities (e.g, recruiting, knowledge building / domain expertise development, etc.)
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time.
- 3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales, deployment or otherwise client facing projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- 1-2 years technical experience in analytics, data science, software engineering or a similar technology related field
- Exposure to trade compliance, supply chain management or a field similarly related to international commerce
- Experience with machine learning
- Record of ownership and delivery of projects with major organizational impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Expertise or experience with Python, SQL, Databricks, ArangoDB, AWS or Azure
- Experience with Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, Spark
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Databricks, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, ArangoDB
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.