Altana AI enables trusted commerce by providing the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Our AI platform connects and learns from billions of data points to help governments and the private sector build safe, resilient, and sustainable supply chains.
Positioned at the intersection of international relations, national security, sustainability, and global commerce, Altana is building a world-scale natural language processing and machine learning platform that serves as the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Similar to how Facebook built a social graph, and Google a knowledge graph of the internet, Altana is building the world's most comprehensive knowledge graph of global commerce, covering trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity across 400 million companies worldwide. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s AI platform - the Altana Atlas - which is used by the world’s largest governments, enterprises, and logistics providers to manage cross-border commerce, map the sustainability profile of millions of products, target security threats, and build more resilient supply chains.
The Technology team is looking for a talented data science executive to help build this vision. In this role you’ll report to the CTO and oversee Data Science, Data Operations, and Machine Learning Engineering across the company, with our Know-Your-Network and Know-Your-Shipment feature teams reporting up to you. This is a strategic role for our organization that enables us to accelerate our rapidly growing team of technologists.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time, with regular travel to New York City.
- Manage a cross-functional team of talented Data Scientists, Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers responsible for the construction and enhancement of the Altana Atlas Knowledge Graph, and the delivery of our decision support products
- Define Altana's data and machine learning technology standards, and oversee the training, mentorship, and performance of a world-class technology team
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with Product and Customer Solutions stakeholders to understand requirements and priorities
- Manage the evaluation and professional development of your organization, including cultivating middle management
- Establish and oversee a hiring process that attracts and retains world class technology talent who can push the envelope of natural language processing, machine learning, and network analysis
- BS or MS degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 10+ years of real-world professional experience building products based on Data Science & ML
- You have strong working knowledge of Knowledge Graphs, Entity Resolution, Natural Language Processing, and Classification techniques
- You have experience managing managers, building teams of 20+, and delivering major organizational impact
- You have a strong sense of shared ownership and a collaborative disposition
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- You've worked with supply chain data, company data, or have familiarity with B2B economic modeling
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Tools: Git, Kubernetes, Databricks, PowerBI, Tableau, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, DataBricks, ArangoDB
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.