At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
People Operations Manager
We are looking for a mission driven, human first, People Operations Manager to help drive and manage the administration of Alma policies, procedures, and programs. As an early hire on the People team at Alma, you will play a key role in supporting our rapidly scaling org and introducing new processes to the team.
Reporting to the Director of People & Culture you will help ensure that Alma’s People function is innovative, data driven, efficient, and inclusive.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the administrative responsibilities of the People team, performing operational duties required to keep our processes running efficiently and effectively
- Manage compliance programs, mandatory filings, policy updates, and collaborate on employee trainings
- Oversee our benefits program, including end-to-end open enrollment, benefits renewal, LOA management and benefits compliance
- Work with the Director of People & Culture to ensure our benefits and onboarding programs deliver a stellar employee experience that balances the needs of our diverse team whether remote or in office.
- Manage New Hire Orientation and support our onboarding program to ensure seamless integration of new hires into Alma’s culture and community
- Assist with communication, training, and roll out of performance reviews
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Finance, Recruiting, and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows
- Function as a subject matter expert and People Operations representative for employee questions
Who you are:
- You have 4-7 years of HR Generalist experience. Ideally, you’ve been a people manager in the past.
- You are a human first person. You build trust quickly and take those relationships seriously.
- You lead from an inclusive lens prioritizing diversity, equity, and belonging.
- You're comfortable standing up and navigating a HRIS. Experience with Justworks is a plus.
- You are highly analytical with advanced Excel skills.
- You have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you know what makes people tick and have the ability to both say ‘no’ but...
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver and can work through issues that require on-the-fly prioritization
- You have excellent judgement and discretion, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- You may have worked in a scaling startup before. You’re no stranger to things moving quickly.
- You are autonomous and have a bias towards meaningful action and investigation.